Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-11-2008, 01:02 PM   #1
mindy!
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question How do you get over this no sunlight thing?

So My Dh and I just TDY'ed here from Fort benning in June, and this is my first winter here. I must say I am going crazy! Is it going to get worse? Unfortunately, I don't have a license right now and my Dh is gone till December, so were confined to our yard. We do go out side everyday, but my son is done playing after 20 min. I was told to go tanning, but i am pregnant so thats not an option for me right now, and I don't like the health risks involved. So what do you do?

Advertisement

mindy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:48 PM   #2
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: How do you get over this no sunlight thing?

There are special lamps you can get. They are called SAD lamps. It is possible you can get one covered by Tricare, as they are not cheap. And yes, it will get worse. Are you near Anchorage or Fairbanks? Down here near Anchorage we will get down to about 4 hours of pseudo-daylight. That's near Christmas. Right now isn't too bad, actually. You can also get sunlight bulbs for regular lamps. I don't know how well they work, though. We have just always stayed active and we do okay. And not always outside active, either, just active.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:07 PM   #3
jnicole
Registered Users

My Mood:

If you are in Anchorage, the Artic Oasis on Elmendorf has the HAWC and they have SAD lights-use them. Make sure to get out everyday and exercise as much as you can. December 22 is the shortest day. You can make it-Christmas lights always cheer me up .
Old 11-14-2008, 09:05 PM   #4
cowgirlfromwyo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree, Christmas is something to look forward too. All uphill from there. I agree with the SAD lamps. Sometimes you can rent them from a doc's office. I also agree with exercise. I make sure that I open all the curtains in the house when it is light to take full advantage of the light we do have. Hang in there!
cowgirlfromwyo is offline   Reply With Quote