Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-17-2006, 10:03 PM   #11
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you do when your dc lies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2kailinconnor View Post
Totally makes sense and that is a great idea! I will definitely try that with her. The thing is, she does know what she is doing is wrong. Like when she came to be about the movie, I hollared at dh to see what he had said, and she was like holding her hands up to him to try to get him to not say it, kwim? So she definitely knows it is something we don't want her to do, maybe she understands more than I think!
OMG, sorry, I just had to laugh at that last part - imagining a teeny little kid holding her hands up to shush her dad.

Oh, and btw, Dr. Sears' site is http://www.askdrsears.com/

Advertisement

urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:06 PM   #12
mom2kailinconnor
'Cuz inside out is wiggity wiggity wiggity whack!
seller

My Mood:

Yea, and she was evening saying "no, dad, no" lol. She is the extreme drama queen! She definitely has more personality than I could have ever imagined. Unfortunately, that means she will be just like me and remembering my teenage years, that is not good news!
mom2kailinconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:07 PM   #13
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2kailinconnor View Post
Yea, and she was evening saying "no, dad, no" lol. She is the extreme drama queen! She definitely has more personality than I could have ever imagined. Unfortunately, that means she will be just like me and remembering my teenage years, that is not good news!

Yup, she sounds just like my youngest sister was at that age.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:26 PM   #14
targhee
Registered Users

If it is making things up (stories or things that happened (did not happen)) then I don't worry.

If she flat out lies about something, like the situation you explained with permision for a snack, I would take the chance to really teach honesty.

3-5 year olds tell a lot of "lies" - mostly about what they did or who they saw, etc. They sometimes convince themselves that it happened. My DD is certain she's flown on the back of a condor (too much Diego), and I can't convince her otherwise. I just let this be part of her fanciful imagination. But when I ask "did you wash your hands" and she replies yes when I KNOW the water has not even been turned on then I tell her that she couldn't have, and that she still needs to go and do it.