Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-16-2006, 07:20 PM   #21
lisahas2cats
Registered Users

Re: The Thrift Store Find of the Century!!

Oooh, the thrill of finding Hannas at the thrift store is like no other!

I went to Goodwill on Thursday because I just can't get near one without going in....once I was looking through the kid's clothes, I zoomed in on the typical "loud" stripes of a pair of Hanna pants. $1.29, woohoo! I looked about 18 inches further on down the rack, and caught a glimpse of some similar loud stripes...no, it was *opposite* loud stripes, in the form of the matching dress! $2.49, double woohoo!

I love, love, love that Goodwill. They price things well, and they must have good donors because there's always rockin' stuff!

Advertisement

Old 12-16-2006, 08:23 PM   #22
betty_joanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

Cool! Just last week i found one of those bead things with the wire frame (like at the doctors office) for $1.49 at the goodwill where my inlaws are. It was an awesome find Oh and the same day i found a pink tutu skirt thing(for dress up for dd) at the burks(sp??) outlet for $4.99.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:33 PM   #23
stacim
Registered Users
seller

I LOVE thrifting!!! I once bought a Longaberger basket, with liner, protector and ceramic charm for $0.60. I love it when they don't know what they have . . . but one of my favorite stores also has a very bad habit of being careless about HOW they price things. Wax pencil prices in very conspicuous places and staples tags in the crotch of diaper covers. UGH!!!

Congrats on your find!
stacim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:11 PM   #24
CookClanMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I *love* thrift store shopping. My latest awesome find was a brand spanking NWOT pair of Merrells mocs for me-$2.50!!!
CookClanMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:22 AM   #25
CamoMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OOOOOH, how COOL!!!! Nice to know I'm not the only nut out there who gets a high off of picking up a great deal at a second-hand store! My mom thinks I'm absolutely off my rocker and that since I "hit the thrift stores" at least twice a month, my kiddos must be dressed like bums. Little does she know! Then again, last time I peeked in the Abercrombie store window, I saw a lot of stuff that looked like it came straight from the castoff stack at Goodwill! My kids are dressed FAR 'better' than that, so does that mean that the new "bum" look is new and refined while the "in" look is old and grungy??

My latest find shocked my hubby, my older kids, and me too, to be honest. Hiding amongst the old discarded wallets and Game Boy cases was this inconspicuous hard sunglass case. With an "O" on it.......and the tag marked $1.......inside was a BRAND NEW pair of Oakleys!!!! My hubs priced them online at $190!! Merry Christmas, Hon!

Our base's thrift shop is great; I have outfitted all five of our kids in Old Navy, Gap, Levi's, Children's Place, 5-7-9, London Fog, LL Bean, and even some NWOT college and pro sports jerseys! All for a buck or two apiece!! Now that's MY kind of shopping!!!

Last edited by CamoMom; 12-18-2006 at 12:24 AM.
CamoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:05 AM   #26
mandikaake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awesome find! I think my best purchase my husband actually found while we were shopping at Goodwill. He saw a Medela breastpump box and it was 3.00. It had TONS of parts, bottles, etc...some even NEW for my Pump in Syle Medela pump. To make it even better...these were things I really needed. Crazy!
mandikaake is offline   Reply With Quote