Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-16-2006, 09:43 PM   #1
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

I need help!

Noah is teething and has really really ((((((TMI))))))))

runny poop, so bad I can hear it when he goes. So my sister told me to make him rice water and not to feed him milk for 24 hours (she is a nurse) and Said to use white rice. So I only have brown rice would that work the same way?

Please help he is very unhappy!

Advertisement

Old 12-16-2006, 09:47 PM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: I need help!

aww poor lil man
i would lay off any fruits/juice acidic foods
you CAN give him some imodium ad if its really bad and he is becoming dehydrated
i think its 1/4 tspn only
i havent heard of rice water but why can't he have milk? milk constipates my danae if she has too much. i don't know if brown rice will be the same white rice makes horchata, the drink when you boil it and then add cinnamin & milk, and its a great tasting breakfast..lol
i hope he starts feeling better soon
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:49 PM   #3
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Well he only gets Soy milk because we all have milk allergies, But I was thinking that the soy was messing him up and normally now at 17 months he has 1-3 bottles a day plus I nurse at night. I am not sure what to do! Maybe I will go get some tummy stuff from the store.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:00 PM   #4
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

poor baby, i really hope he feels better soon.
is your pharmacy still open? i alsways go ask the pharmacist what does he recomend and tell him whats going on, it makes em feel safer, i do know imodium is safe for them, both my pharmacist and ped told me when danny was a baby, goodluck mama
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:53 PM   #5
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have learned the hard way that they would never give me anything for Cayden when he had runny stools. They say at that age you really don't wanna give meds to keep it in, let the boddy do it's thing. White rice I think is best. Helps form the stools where brown should help ya go with all that fiber, kwim. Lot's of white rice. I added tads of vegies for flavor for Cayden because it is so bland but that may not be a geat idea for you at this point. Hope it gets better soon hun!!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote