Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-19-2006, 07:03 AM   #21
FancifulFanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I've gotta know...

Like the others, I'm not against it but it's not for us. We all sleep better in our own beds. We end of co-sleeping when we're at the other house on Cape Cod because ds won't stay in his room there and we are all tired and cranky when that happens.

Advertisement

FancifulFanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:03 AM   #22
Princessnurse73
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfitz5051 View Post
snores just as loud as her daddy.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:12 AM   #23
mommy21princess
Registered Users
seller

Hello, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say why I PERSONALLY don't like it. First off I want to say that I do what many of you do. She is also one of the weird ones who without a fuss goes down in her crib to sleep. Once she gets up to nurse in the night time though I've been leaving her with us.
She does NOT sleep good when shes with us, well actually the past two days she's been doing MUCH better and I love it, but for the majority of time she cna't be touched by either of us or she screams. I don't sleep good cuz everytime she wakes I try to nurse her back to sleep to keep her from screaming and I can't get comfy.
The reason I was/am against co-sleeping is because:
One I didn't want a five year old in my bed. I've seen it too many times and the moms and dads are tired of it and then they have to break the habbit. I justdidn't want to start that. Two: My bed time is the ONLY time that me and dh have to spend quality time together for the most part. That was the ONLY time we could just spend a couple of min. to ourselves talking and cuddling with out the baby around in the first couple of months and it was GREAT. Three: I have heard too many times of spouses that grow away from each other becasue they don't sleep together: meaning (dtd or just cuddling.) You don't have husband and wife time together. Yes i know that some people love it and that's GREAT if you do, but you asked those of us who don't. These are my reasons. I hope that helps a little. I do love bringing her to bed with me, that way I have my time with dh and then I get to cuddle my bug, KWIM. It is VERY hard though!! Good luck!!
mommy21princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:14 AM   #24
fostermomcchr
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrocksmommy View Post
We are co-sleepers. I love it except for I haven't slept by dh in 2 yrs
It has been 12 yrs for me, not b/c there are babies in our bed all the time, but b/c my youngest's pediatrician told me to send hubby to the guest room and put baby in bed with me when I went in for the baby's 2 week checkup and had not slept at all in the two weeks since he was born cuz hubby snores really bad-when we lived in a town house the neighbors would pound on the BR wall if he was particularly bad-and his snoring kept the baby up which in turn kept me up and I was a walking zombie with a 2 week old and 4.5 yr old. It has been great getting sleep at night, but I miss having him next to me at night. We try it every so often, but I am really crabby if I don't get atleast a few hours sleep a night and I don't sleep at all if he is next to me.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:28 AM   #25
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not against it but I have no intention of ever doing it. I like my own space- sharing abed w/ my H is hard enough! LOL I'ma very "roll around-y" type sleeper. Ethan's slept well on his own from day one. We (H and I) also like our bed for ourselves.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:45 AM   #26
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

We don't co sleep, although our 15 month old was in and out of bed with us until about one year. I can't sleep with a child's foot in my back and my husband needs his sleep as he is up at 3:30ish to go to work. I'm not messing with his sleep in the fashion.

I love snuggle time in the am when dd#1 comes in the room.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:53 AM   #27
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all of the input and honesty. My DH and I are, as seen in my sig, expecting our first this Spring, and though we are against it for reasons such as feeling like we will lose that quality time that we get at night and not wanting to have a school-age child still in our bed long after we intended to, we wanted to hear from those of you who are experienced. I know that we will likely have the baby in our room for a few days or weeks but then off to the nursery. I do plan to exclusively BF and will have to see how it all works out but I am sure that there are mamas on here who EBF without their baby by their side all night. Thanks again for all of the input. Alot of it was very insightful.

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:03 AM   #28
milniks7
Registered Users
seller

I am not against it ...but we don't do it...I need my bed to be mine! I spend all day with my kiddos and love them dearly, but i think everyone needs time on their own, and for me that is my bed! Well..i will share with dh I guess..lol..
milniks7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:07 AM   #29
tillers72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMommyOf2 View Post
I'm not against it; my motto is 'whatever floats your boat', kwim? For us I just found everyone sleeps better, deeper, undisturbed in everyone's own bed. We do have however family nap times from time to time (Not the lil one yet as he still thinks it's 'party time' every time I try to take a nap w/him in our bed..)

This is exactly how our family is...we co-sleep for a while in the beginning (like 6 mos) and then baby decides it's time to play rather than sleep so we go our seperate ways! There are times when dh is gone that the older one will get to sleep with me, but for the most part things are better in our own beds!

**we are now in Central Illinois and getting adjusted!**
tillers72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:08 AM   #30
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS slept in my arms for the first 4 months. It was rough! I like co-sleeping in theory, but I need my own bed. I transitioned Jackson into his PnP at 4 months, which he still slept in my arms half the night until 5 months. Then he's done good in his bed ever since. We fall asleep together lots of times. Also, he's in our room, so I still feel we co-sleep.

I REALLY think whatever works best for everyone in the family is what a family should do. Sometimes that's co-sleeping, sometimes it's not. For US, I'd go batty if Jackson wasn't in our room. I love him sleeping with us. Just, not in my arms. They cramped all night long back then. Ouch!