Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-19-2008, 04:49 PM   #11
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Not vaxing and sick all the time

Nope not related. AS other pp's have said unless he is getting the specific diseases the vaccines were for than his being sick has nothing to do with him not being vaccinated. The colds are probably coming from the children you care for. Children in childcare get sick more often, especially in the first 6 months of exposure. After that they have had most of the more common illnesses and have some immunity. But with a babe only 4months he's catching everything that comes around. When I used to do daycare they warned you when you started that you would be sick for the first 6months. Luckily I wasn't, but another mom quit cause her little boy caught everything that came down the line.

As far as allergies and asthma goes, I would look at enviromental triggers, and be glad you didn't vax because vaccinating makes those things worse not better. My vaccinated kid is my sick kid. He suffers horribly with seasonal allergies just like I do, and sometimes worse. He is also more likely to pick up a bug that is going around, though he does better than most of my nieces and nephews, even with this being his first year in a school setting. My vax free toddler is never sick. Right now Kearnan and I are suffering bad with seasonal allergies, they say this is one of the worst years for it here. Tharen sneezed a couple of times and that has been it. He has had exposure since he was 6 months old from attending the therapy center with his brother two days a week, but he never gets sick. Now I am sure part of that is that he has obviously gotten dealt a good genetic hand, but I don't doubt his vaccine free status plays a part. Kearnan has been healthier in the years since we stopped vaccinating, each year he gets sick a little less. And the more we treat him and help his body heal from the other vaccine damage the healthier he gets.

Advertisement

iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:50 PM   #12
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't say they are related. My son is unvaxed, and has had the sniffles a few times, but nothing serious. Is he being breastfed? If so, that should greatly help his immune system....increasing your vit. C intake and taking a probiotic would help as it would pass into your milk...or if FF'ing, I would give him a probiotic in his bottle.

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:55 PM   #13
ashleynjacy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok well here is the deal:
No rugs in the house but I do have pets. I live in south florida and it is very humid here so mold is almost everywhere. I breastfed him up until a month ago. I had to take a sedative/mood stabilizer for two weeks for ppd. I figured he would go right back to the breast...WRONG! I have been pumping like crazy but only get 1 or 2 ounces from both breasts. Oh and I am also like six weeks pregnant (unplanned but happy about it). I am going to see a lactation consultant tomorrow. I feel horrible about the fact that he won't latch.