Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-13-2008, 10:21 PM   #11
londyn's mommy
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: how do I stop? Duct stuff

Originally Posted by jazacher View Post
ARGH! Last night I did something WRONG and my breast has a blush to it and HURTS like a bruise!
He may have given you a hickey, trying to eat and sleep at the same time.

londyn's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:22 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: 21 months - how do I stop?

Update: Plugged ducts HURT!!!! What I can only describe as "glue" finally made it's way out during/after a long, hot, tearfilled shower. Thank goodness it's over!
jazacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:04 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

So sorry for the plugged duct - feeling your pain! Only needs to happen once - to NEVER ever forget how it feels.

My little nursling has taken his night feeds (3-4) and gone crazy! Last week we changed his crib into a toddler bed on the floor - he's 22 months and was starting to climb. He's always adapted well to change - but not his time. He has been up cluster feeding all night for 8 nights. I have paid a babysitter to watch him for 3 hours 2 mornings so I could go to bed. I kept wondering if he was sick, growht spurt? Yesterday he looked at hi bed and said "YUCK! BABY" so I wa curiou and I converted his tiny bed on the floor to half crib (3 sided) style toddler bed. He climbed in and laughed and has slept beautifully.
Last night he was up 2 times - which is about half of what he's been doing for the last year and 10 times less than the last week.
Just not feeding him all night has gone a long way to helping cope today. I had enough sleep that I could think ahead to offer him oatmeal and sip cups of fridge milk (Daddy tried the chocolate laced version - bad Daddy - we've created a monster!)

I think weaning is looking possible now. I tried the bargaining, distracting and offering other foods. So much easier to do with some sleep - looking forward to some more!

Thanks so much for all the support ladies! This really helps! I'll let you know if our luck continues!
Diane-proud Mama to 3 beautiful blond babes
yummymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:09 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

I'm with you, mama~my 2.5 yo is still nursing like a fiend all night long. I'm so ready to wean him so I can get some sleep. The bandaid idea is very novel I've tried giving him to Daddy, but his cries got me me eventually and I gave in.

I have seen the Dr Gordon article before...I might have to give that a shot. *sigh*
Psalm 37:5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
heluvsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:11 PM   #15
My Mood:

My guy has nursed once a week for 3 weeks now.. The bandaid trick it what broke him to begin with, then the only nursing with storytime he got use to once a day...we are pretty much done now it looks like. It's just 'time' you know? He is 2yrs8mo.
Married to my HS honey since 1990! And remarried him again July 20th, 2013!
Blessed with five - 22,20,18,7, & our sweet surprise 18mo
Granna to two amazing grandsons!! <3
*Alabamamom* is offline   Reply With Quote