Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-19-2006, 08:49 PM   #1
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Diaper rash...

Ok cadence has this ongoing rash i swear i have tried everything for it. She gets these weird bumps and they look like the blister? I tried stripping the dipes,using different detergents,numerous creams and stuff,changing her more often and i change her a lot,we tried some sposies and that made it not blister as much but still the bumps are there....

Its usually like right on her labia not on her butt really. I changed her when she got up this morning and its all on her bottom a bunch of lil bumps they are blisters though. She doesnt seem to be bothered by it and when she went to the dr for her checkups i can recall two times i remember she had the rach and i told him about it and he didnt even mention it so i guess i didnt think anything of it...just kept trying to get it to go away but it will not

i really really do not wanna switch to sposies i hate them and they are so dang expensive....

any help on what this might be ?

It doesnt look like a yeast infection or anything i was thinkin that but there is no discharge just weird lil blisters its always in the exact same spot to....

Advertisement

Old 12-19-2006, 08:54 PM   #2
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diaper rash...

you said you tried alot of creams but were any of them for a yeast infection? You can get lotrimin or an OTC yeast infection cream and just try it.

it could also just be the way the dipe sits against her. I don't know... you and I are in the same boat as my little one has had a rash for what seems like forever now. I've tried everything I possibly can too... next stop is to take her in and get a prescription for it.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:57 PM   #3
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Actually yes i did try lotrimin ....im stumped should i just make her another dr appt and see about it? i know she has one coming up here soon
Old 12-19-2006, 09:04 PM   #4
ashleynjacy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not to hijack or anything, but we are dealing with same thing. I am going to take her to the ped tomorrow if it doesn't clear up. I hope you get it worked out.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:05 PM   #5
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

im trying some aveeno skin relief bath but i know it could take more than one bath for it to clear up this bites i hate seeing that on her and im doing everything i can and it just wont go away
Old 12-19-2006, 09:13 PM   #6
cicily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know you said you tried some Lotrimin, but I would give Monistat (or store brand) a try. The active ingredient in Lotrimin is Clotrimazole and Monistat uses Miconazole nitrate. Each work a little differently - worth a try. Also, here is some info on different kinds of rashes: http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/T081400.asp.

The aveeno bath is very soothing, hopefully it helps! Good luck, rashes are no fun.
cicily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:52 AM   #7
sandrc
Registered Users
seller

does she drink cows milk? dd has the same type rashes and we tried everything and finally cut out milk and the rashes are going away. it's been a week and she's looking much better.
sandrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 03:27 PM   #8
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

no we stopped giving her all dairy products in jan. bc it gave her the runs....