Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-21-2006, 01:20 PM   #1
happysahm
Registered Users
Formerly: mama22boys
seller

My Mood:
Smile Santa Claus Cheap

I want to take the boys to see Santa. I can't believe Christmas is on Monday. There is so much I haven't done!

Anyway...Does anyone know where we can see him for cheap or free? I know this is a longshot as I am in the DFW area. I took ODS to a church last year and it was totally free. He got to do crafts and eat cookies and sit on Santa's lap and we got a free Polaroid pic, which was fine with me.

I think I going to take them to the mall today...which means I will spend a minimum of $20 on probably one picture. It's really important for me to do this though, since it's the baby's first Christmas...any suggestions are welcome.

Advertisement

Old 12-21-2006, 01:26 PM   #2
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Santa Claus Cheap

I took mine to Lincoln Square's Santa Land (in Arlington) last year. IT was like $10 for a good sized digital picture and not a big line either, they also have the cocoa train where you can get free hot chocolate.

The Backyard Store (West Pioneer Pkwy) in Arlington has a Santa too and their Poloids are $5 each, you just have to make sure to tell the guy with the camera to stand closer, he has a tendancy to stand back & try to get the whole "scenary" and then you can barely see your babe, but he will stand closer if you tell him. HTH
Old 12-21-2006, 01:40 PM   #3
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well we have base accesses (dh was Air Force) so we took ds there, as it was only 5.00 for a pic, and it turned out really good IMO
Old 12-21-2006, 01:48 PM   #4
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

I took my girls to the mall and brought my own camera. They had no problem with it and I got a few pics for free. Just ask, doesn't hurt anything.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:50 PM   #5
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We got DS's pic taken with the Petsmart Santa last year , although I think he's already gone and went. They let us take our own pics for free.
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 04:55 PM   #6
happysahm
Registered Users
Formerly: mama22boys
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: Santa Claus Cheap

That is cool that they let you take the pics for free. I did end up going to the local mall. A couple in front of me asked if they could take pics with their camera and were told yes with the miminum package purchase which was $16.95 + tax. I ended up buying the minimum package. DS1 was talking to Santa, which was so cute to watch, but DS2 hated him. He just started crying immediately, so the photo is pretty funny. One boy is happy and the other is ticked off. Thanks for all the suggestions. I will have to pay more attention next year. Seems like everyone does something early in December...not at the last minute.