Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-29-2008, 10:21 AM   #1
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

uh oh. I'm in trouble

Emmett used to fall asleep either nursing, being walked, or bounced. At about 10 months he decided that ONLY nursing would do. Well, now I'm pregnant and I'm pretty sure my milk supply is dropping. It did when I was pregnant with him and I just "nursed" Abby with a bottle to bed. After a few nights, she was totally switched.

Well, Emmett doesn't like it. He won't have anything to do with it. All he wants to do is nurse, but then he gets angry because there's not enough there to lull him to sleep.

I just put him down for a nap but he screamed for an hour and a half before he decided that he could roll over and go to bed.

So how do I wean him when he WON'T take milk and all he does is scream and cry when it's time to go to sleep? He seems to not have any issue not nursing until it's time to go to bed.

Advertisement

Old 11-29-2008, 11:44 PM   #2
reesesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: uh oh. I'm in trouble

I rub my DD's back . . . not to do w/ weaning, but w/ her being a light sleeper and moving her would wake her. I found that the transition was a bit rough, but now i rub her and she is out more quickly.

Working Mama, trying to stay on cloth FT
reesesmom is offline   Reply With Quote