Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-23-2006, 01:16 PM   #11
mum0fthr33
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Could there be something wrong with her?

We co-sleep with 2 kids right now my son just turned 3 sounds just like your daughter he gets super scarry at night im also thinking the nightmare/ night terrors only because he will throw himself around in the middle of the night if you talk to him when hes doing this things get even worse he looks as he is almost looking right threw you his eyes look funny its hard to discribe they are like outlined in red if that makes any sense and almost looking of center? We didn't really have this problem until he got caps put on his teeth so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not but it gets pretty scarry at night the way we sleep with both of them in bed the 3 year old and the 7 month old sense birth is hubby 3 year old me then the baby its a blinket or pillow on the side of the baby so she doesn't roll off the bed then when the 3 year old is out like a light we swith him in to his bed he us to wake up when we would move him so I got him a toddle bed a small one and had it right beside our bed and as he gets use to sleeping in his bed more we move the toddle bed further away from ours its now on the other side of our room most nights he goes to sleep in his own bed but wakes up about 4 or 5 am to get in bed with me when hubby goes to work. sorry this was so long hope it helps

Advertisement

mum0fthr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:25 PM   #12
Ontariomama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylou View Post
Instead of nursing her on the couch, why not start out in her bed? Nurse her to sleep there and then slowly remove yourself from her room?
This is what we've (meaning *I* of course! ) been doing with Nathan lately. I don't even bother trying to put him in a crib (it's actually disassembled and in the basement) and he's got a twin-size mates bed with a bed rail on the side. I take him up and lay down with him in HIS bed, and once he's asleep I get up and go back downstairs.

We did the couch thing for almost 2 years now, and he'd just stay there until we went to bed and I'd try to lay him down then - it was about 50-50; some nights he'd stay, some he'd wake and come back in with us.

Once I realized that he was sleeping through and not nursing in OUR bed, I have been trying to slowly get him into HIS bed. It's working, but it's slow.

GL mama! If it gets really bad when M's gone, give me or Kate a call - we're both really close if you need a break.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:13 PM   #13
riandkymommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Good idea on starting her in her bed! Seems like such an easy solution, I can't believe I never thought of it!

Thanks for the offer Meghan! I will probably take you up on that at one point!
riandkymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:27 PM   #14
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

you got aking size bed???
dont wean her just yet. david was 2.5 too. he only nursed to sleep too and he wasnt prepared til he was over 2 to stop
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:32 PM   #15
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by riandkymommy View Post
How did you have your bed and your kiddies lined up? My DD still rolls alot and has almost fallen off the bed a few times when DH was just in the field and training and stuff...my 4 year old often comes in for a cuddle at nighttime too! Maybe I just need a bigger bed...
When my middle was born and my DH left 4 days after her birth, I co-slept with my oldest and newborn. I put the oldest on the outside of the bed and put one of those safety rails up, then newborn in the middle and me on the other side. I rolled a towel between newborn and older sis so she (the big one) wouldn't roll on to her sis.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:45 PM   #16
riandkymommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyG View Post
you got aking size bed???
dont wean her just yet. david was 2.5 too. he only nursed to sleep too and he wasnt prepared til he was over 2 to stop
No, I have a queen bed!

My milk seems to be stopping so I think she may wean herself soon anyways! Or she could just end up making my milk come back.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:46 PM   #17
riandkymommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdartwife View Post
When my middle was born and my DH left 4 days after her birth, I co-slept with my oldest and newborn. I put the oldest on the outside of the bed and put one of those safety rails up, then newborn in the middle and me on the other side. I rolled a towel between newborn and older sis so she (the big one) wouldn't roll on to her sis.
Thank you! I will get one of those safety rails after DH leaves! Never even thought about that!
Old 12-23-2006, 08:33 PM   #18
blessed with boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm due in march and I'm having the same issues with my 18 month old. He has to sleep with us and he has to nurse all night long....I'm one tired mama. This morning I told him "no" and that I was "empty"...he was so mad he started kicking me!
I dont know what to do about the weaning either....My millk has dried up for the most part but I think he's actually bringing it back in. My boobs are bigger and feel heavy.
I guess weaning is out for now, I hope he decides he doesnt lke colostrum and weans when the baby comes.......I just dont know though.
Jackie
blessed with boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:14 PM   #19
Ontariomama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by riandkymommy View Post
Good idea on starting her in her bed! Seems like such an easy solution, I can't believe I never thought of it!

Thanks for the offer Meghan! I will probably take you up on that at one point!
Nathan's 20 months and I only thought of it about 3 weeks ago when the other two went home (fosters)! LOL

It seems too, that if I'm not right there and he can't "smell" the milk, he sleeps longer. Hard to sleep when the tap's right there, kwim?