Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2008, 11:50 PM   #1
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
11 month old completely refusing all solids!

What am I supposed to do? We were doing fine, he was nursing well, and eating meals from jars and formt he table, allowing almost anything in his mouth and now?? Refuses EVERYTHING and anything that comes out immediately goes on the floor. We moved him to a clip on (very comfy) table seat and he seemed happy so we got rid of the very, very worn high chair. What would you do? He is pretty much skipping every meal and only nursing. At a loss...

Advertisement

mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:39 AM   #2
Maddie&Jake'sMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Maddie'sMom
seller

My Mood:
Re: 11 month old completely refusing all solids!

Teething will do that. Maddie, when she teethed, ONLY nursed and refused all solids. Sometimes for 2-3 weeks at a time.
Maddie&Jake'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:33 AM   #3
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

mine is 10months and won't eat much in the way of solids right now. she's sick and whiny and doesn't want anything to do with eating, but that happens when she's teething too. nursing is soothing for them so solids fall by the wayside when they are upset or hurting. my guess is your little one is teething and just comforting himself with nursing. just keep doing what you are doing. offer and nurse when the food hits the floor. when he goes to college you wil get a little break here and there until you have to drive over there to nurse him.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:14 PM   #4
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerybugmady View Post
mine is 10months and won't eat much in the way of solids right now. she's sick and whiny and doesn't want anything to do with eating, but that happens when she's teething too. nursing is soothing for them so solids fall by the wayside when they are upset or hurting. my guess is your little one is teething and just comforting himself with nursing. just keep doing what you are doing. offer and nurse when the food hits the floor. when he goes to college you wil get a little break here and there until you have to drive over there to nurse him.

funny... I guess we will wait it out. Maybe he is teething and i cant see them yet. Thanks!
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:23 PM   #5
addicted2cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

My son doesn't like baby food. The dr. said just give him regular food and gave me a few guidelines. he won't eat anythin unless he can pick it up and put it in his mouth himself. It makes it very hard because I don't feel like he is getting enough nutritious food. He mostly nurses too. I'm sorry I can't offer any advice other than keep trying.
addicted2cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:36 PM   #6
crystalannski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree that it is most likely due to teething. In addition to all of the wonderful advice you have already gotten I would say maybe try and let him feed himself with a spoon/baby feeder/food dipper thingy. That works well for my DS, sometimes he just likes to have control. They grow out of it eventually, hang in there! As aggravating as I know it must be at least you know he is still being nourished by BF!
crystalannski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:42 PM   #7
nemawei
DS Addict!
seller

My Mood:

This happened to us on Monday of this week. DD didn't want breakfast, lunch or dinner .. very unlike her! Monday night DD got her first fever. It just broke yesterday (Friday). It's been one heck of a week! Maybe your LO isn't feeling well, or like the pps said, is teething? I would let him nurse .. it can't hurt - and then he's at least staying hydrated and getting some nutrition.

nemawei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:26 PM   #8
aslayton8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My doctor has reassured me that Breast Milk has most everything that a baby needs until 1 year. (some babies need a little more iron.) My 10 month old is basically uninterested in food and it worried me a lot, but my doctor says its fine! I'm sure your babe will eat again!
aslayton8 is offline   Reply With Quote