Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-03-2008, 06:22 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
This seems like a LOT of food

Okay it seems like DS eats a LOT of food. He eats 1 whole stage 2 food for breakfast, 2 whole stage 2 foods for lunch, and 2 whole stage 2 foods for dinner. He just turned 8 months old today. It seems like a lot of food. I am BFing and I always BF him before he eats his food. What do you all think?

Courtney;wife to USAF Doug& a SAHM to Mackenzie& Jackson
[CENTER]Be my Swag friend!!
My online yard sale!!!
c2afwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:06 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: This seems like a LOT of food

That does seem like a lot. At his age solids are still just for "practice". My daughter is 14 months and will eat one jar for breakfast/lunch and one for dinner...I know all babies are different, but at 8 months that just seems like too much. Maybe try cutting back a little? Even if you're breastfeeding before giving him solids, you don't want the solids to replace any time at the breast...know what I mean? Or maybe this makes more sense - you don't want to replace a superior food (breastmilk) for an inferior (solids). I'm so tired, I hope I made some sense!! lol
Kayla, momma to
Holly Anastasia, 9.27.07,
Heather Marie , 8.11.10 &
Emi Marie, 8.15.14

Last edited by 2208; 12-03-2008 at 07:08 PM.
2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:07 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: This seems like a LOT of food

different kids eat different amounts. as long as its not replacing the nursing, youre fine. my ds eats like a piggy, but we didnt do baby food, so i dont know how to equate it. it never affected his nursing. if it did, i would have cut him back

we had a little boy when i worked at a daycare who at about 8-9 months would come in starving at 6 am and eat THREE stage 3 jars of food mixed with cereal, and in about an hour would take a full 8 oz bottle. in the 10-12 hours or so he was there, he would take 4-5 bottles and eat baby food 3-4 times.
single, working, student mama to Tristan born 10/1/07
On my way to becoming an ASL interpreter

Want to earn gift cards searching the net? Click HERE to join Swagbucks!
armywife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote