Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-27-2006, 03:00 PM   #11
.::Brandi Nikki::.
Registered Users
Re: Homemade Baby food?

So what all will I need?

.::Brandi Nikki::. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 03:06 PM   #12
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

hahahaha, ice cube trays and all the stuff you usually cook with if you want to go simple. i would also get a food mill or food processor if you don't have one. I still have mine and I'll use it when the girls start eating food. That could be it. You can also find books at Barnes and Noble or online about putting together homemade baby food when you want to mix more than one veggie or fruit. You could probably also find instructions on how to do stuff online too.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 03:31 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

I made all of my daughter's food...I just used our smoothie maker (pretty much a regular blender) and froze them in ice cube trays. I cooked the food, tossed it in the blender with water to get the right consistency and then divided into ice cube trays, covered it and put it in the freezer overnight. Then you just have to pop them out and put in freezer bags. When I needed them, I just microwaved a couple cubes for 30 seconds and that's it!

I was given "Super Baby Food" book by someone and got lots of tips from it.

ocanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 08:48 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

I just used my mini chopper that I have had forever for chopping things like garlic and other veggies. It's like a tiny food processor that costs next to nothing. You can find them in department stores- probably even a place like WalMart. A friend bought the Magic Bullet- you MUST have seen the info-mercials! She LOVES it for making baby food.

Anyway- i just did like the pps and steamed anything and everything then ran it through the minichopper. I poured it into empty baby food jars and froze it. I would buy some Organic jarred food for "emergencies" like when I forgot to defrost or to keep on hand in the diaper bag. And I ended up using it quite often- especially in the beginning before I got into a routine with making the food- which worked out well since it provided me with jars!

I also found that when introducing a new food it was good to have the jarred food because if he didn't like it at that point I hadn't gone through all of the trouble of making a bunch of it and then had it filling up space in my freezer until he would eat it. Once I knew he liked something I'd make a bunch.
Wendy :wave2: Single mama to Xander 5/12/05
turtle2who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 09:21 PM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:

This is a good site
I dont have any real tip since I havent started solids w/ DD yet but have been reading up on it
Tia~ mom to 3 girls
tsk_mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 09:22 PM   #16
Registered Users

peel, and eat.
girl born at home 4 feb 2006
boy born in birth center 2 march 09
tash is offline   Reply With Quote