Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-18-2006, 08:20 PM   #11
My cat's breath smells like cat food
Re: constant pinching

Pinching is a regular occurance here. I don't get bit, yet... I wear a nursing necklace, or give DS something to play with, usually my finger. I know it's painful! I have bruises everywhere, too. Oh, those sharp nails and tiny strong fingers!

Amy SAHM to Carter

Wool for Sale:
a_cthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:24 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

My ds scratches and every so often gives me a good hard punch on the side he's not nursing on. Ouch!
Married to my favorite drummer Deadstring Brothers 13ghosts FisherGreen
Loving mama to Nikki(13),Sage(9), Evan(3) and Baby #4 (due 8/13/10)
bubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:52 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

I never knew that my nipple could stretch that far lol! I have no suggestions, i'm just happy to know that other mommys nipples are stretched out too!

-jennifer-Catholic, NFPin', BFin', CDin', SAHM Liam 11/05 & Isaac 1/08
Whenever someone says that CDin' is cheaper than 'sposies I laugh my head off!
jenjenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 07:23 AM   #14
Registered Users

I wouldn't advocate doing this if it *upset* your child, but once when my ds was in a bad pinching phase I slipped his socks off and put them on his hands. He was distracted by the novelty of it and didn't get upset and we nursed without pinching!!
Christine (single mom to Carlie 9, Sam 7, Harry 5, and Owen 2...everyday is an adventure!
pottymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 07:38 AM   #15
Registered Users

That's so hard. A nursing necklace has helped me. My DS was never interested in the other necklaces I wore until I got the ones with the big chunky beads and a big wooden ring on it that he can fool with. If I don't have the necklace around, I hold his hand and sing to him. HTH
WOHM to two elementary school boys and more on the way
apelilae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:36 PM   #16
Registered Users

I have a kneader too. She's 18 months and she's been that way since birth. I've never been able to break her of it. Occasionally, I can get her to grasp my fingers instead--and she still kneads those. It's like it's very ingrained.

She likes to take the top layer of skin and roll it between her fingers, but she'll also do some serious deep kneading (like a kitten). When she puts her mind to it, she can drain a breast in 2 minutes flat. I have to keep her nails very short or she scratches me.

Sorry, not much advice, just commiseration from another mommy with bruised and scratched boobies .

Mom2MyBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 09:02 AM   #17
Registered Users
My Mood:

yeah my son grabs and squeezes my arm so hard, and he digs his nails do they get so strong. i have screamed a few times when I wasn't paying attention adn he did it.

I just try to do like others said and hold his hand or keep his attention...but dang does it ever hurt!

oh I tried before to just give him a little smack on his hand...not to hurt just thought it would scare him to quit...he laughed HYSTERICALLY at me! So much for that! LOL
e_mom_e is offline   Reply With Quote