Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

I thought the ebay ads were gone

I'm still seeing ebay ads. The site is still running super slow for me and my computer locks up almost every time I've tried to surf the site today. On the front page, I'm seeing random scripts half the time where the ad is supposed to be.

Advertisement

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 07:45 PM   #2
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Re: I thought the ebay ads were gone

Have you tried to download Firefox and Ad Block? It's free.
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:04 AM   #3
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

I might try firefox. It doesn't negate the fact that there is a problem with the ads on this site. I don't think I should have to download additional software and/or pay just to surf the site. The ads are a problem. They haven't always beena problem but they are now.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:48 PM   #4
oliviab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was just coming to complain about them.Every time there is an ebay ad it takes forever to load.Every other ad will be up but the ebay,The space will be white till they load.This never happend when the ebay add isnt up.My husband will not down load anyting on the advice we got from our computer guy, Who had to fix our comp after the viruses I got on ds.Unless it is bought from a store.So that isnt an option for me!
oliviab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:17 PM   #5
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

I keep getting a message from internet explorer saying something to the effect of

"this page is running a script that may cause internet explorer to run slowly or shut down unexpectedly. Keep running script?

yes/no"

this problem hit at the same time the ebay adds went up. I also wanted to add that I don't appreciate the "adult" diapers that were showing on the ebay ads the last time they were up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tararaboomdeea View Post
Have you tried to download Firefox and Ad Block? It's free.
I tried firefox and had to run Three antivirus/spyware/rootkit programs to rid myself of the 35 spyware programs that were installed on my computer after 24hr's use.

I thought that program was supposed to be better, but clearly it's not for my pc!
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:15 PM   #6
Charmaine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
I keep getting a message from internet explorer saying something to the effect of

"this page is running a script that may cause internet explorer to run slowly or shut down unexpectedly. Keep running script? yes/no"

this problem hit at the same time the ebay adds went up. I also wanted to add that I don't appreciate the "adult" diapers that were showing on the ebay ads the last time they were up.
I'm having the same problem.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:55 PM   #7
mamazluv
You know you want this.........
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimb96 View Post
I might try firefox. It doesn't negate the fact that there is a problem with the ads on this site. I don't think I should have to download additional software and/or pay just to surf the site. The ads are a problem. They haven't always beena problem but they are now.
agreed. some of the ads are a problem. i know that ads are a necessity for ds, but not at the detriment of using the site all together. and i think if mods are suggesting that we all block all the ads entirely, that is kind of unfair to the people paying to place the ads here.

i also agree with pp saying they are not thrilled with downloading add'nl programs on their system.

the ebay ads imo are a bigger prob than the floating lady. both the side bar and banner. at least the floating doesnt affect my system