Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-25-2006, 07:50 AM   #11
jodi74
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Midwife or OB?

With my first 2 I used my family practice dr. Then my dr. left right around the time I got pregnant with number 3. So with her I decided to use a CNM that my sister recommended who delivered at the hospital my other 2 were born at. LOVED HER!!! She was great. She even let my husband pretty much deliver my baby, (he was an emt at the time!) So the birth experience was awesome. But the hospital stay was a different story. I am now pregnant with my 4th. I am 32 weeks alond. Up until 29 weeks I was with the same midwife, she had told me she thought the nursing staff issue was resolved. Then a sister of mine delivered there and her hospital stay was even worse than mine. (Birth was great, we had same CNM) after much agonizing and talking to my CNM, I switched hospital systems so I had to switch my dr. However I love the one I am at too. (He was recommended by my CNM). And several of my friends have recommended him. I think for me I have liked both dr. and CNM the same.

Advertisement

jodi74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:51 AM   #12
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbkt8
my pp hospital stay wasn't horrible but it certainly wasn't restful/nice...that's actually the main thing that drove me to explore a homebirth option for the next time.
My room is private and once that door is closed you can't hear a peep. There is a jacuzzi in the room, dvd player and even a place for dh to sleep. The nurses only bothered me first thing in the morning, mid afternoon and right before bed. They only came in in the middle of the night if I needed help wtih the baby. I even had a pedicure and a mini massage while there. When I got home my house was SPOTLESS (and dh even re arranged all the furniture). I had flowers and everything set up the way I like it. Ahhh, the countdown continues!!
Old 04-25-2006, 09:30 AM   #13
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by madalexsmom
My room is private and once that door is closed you can't hear a peep. There is a jacuzzi in the room, dvd player and even a place for dh to sleep. The nurses only bothered me first thing in the morning, mid afternoon and right before bed. They only came in in the middle of the night if I needed help wtih the baby. I even had a pedicure and a mini massage while there. When I got home my house was SPOTLESS (and dh even re arranged all the furniture). I had flowers and everything set up the way I like it. Ahhh, the countdown continues!!

wow! that's awesome! yeah - my hospital stay - nothing like that...

unfortunately dd managed to be born on a super-busy weekend and even though the hospital only had like 12 double rooms (all the rest private) - i got one of the doubles. and it felt like the nurses bothered me all the time (or my roommate)...it just wasn't very fun. but i was lucky to have a room - they had people all over the hospital some were even discharged from the L&D suites (which actually come to think of it probably would have been better lol - those places were nice!)

katie
Old 04-25-2006, 09:54 AM   #14
littleways
Registered Users

I had a midwife and if possible that's the only way I want to ever go - they were awesome - came to my home to do the check-up after my water broke and then we went to the hospital and I delivered there. What is so awesome was that one of my midwives came in day 1,3 and 5 to check on my dd and I. I had such an awesome experience with a midwife.

Check out: http://www.weecuddle.com
littleways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 01:32 PM   #15
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:

This last time, I had a midwife, birthing center and water birth! It was a much better experience. I switched a few months into the pregnancy and didn't have an internal until I was in labor. I spent about an hour at each appt! She really listened, knew what was going on even in my everyday life.

Second one down is ours

http://www.familybirthcenters.com/fo...thstories.html
Old 04-25-2006, 02:32 PM   #16
Drummer's Wife
Registered Users

my mom has been my midwife for my prenatal care for all 3 babies but sadly I've had 3 sections so those of course were performed by OB's
Old 04-25-2006, 02:41 PM   #17
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:

OB's. I love my the group I go to. I have seen all four of the docs and feel very comfy with them! Love them all! I've been lucky enough to have my ob deliver one of them and my 2nd choice ob deliver the other so I've been really happy. I love them. I would consider a midwife, but I'm just happy where I'm at.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:45 PM   #18
Quiverfillin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

MIDWIFE!! We had #3 at home with a midwife and I'm SO glad! It was an awesome experience! She did all my prenatals at home and everything. I managed to get through an entire pregnancy and delivery with no internal checks. Gotta love that! But, the best part was, we really bonded. She's a good friend now.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:03 PM   #19
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

midwife
Old 05-03-2006, 06:45 PM   #20
idlewildponies
Registered Users

My Mood:

Loved all the midwives I saw while pregnant and the one who delivered DD. Planning on them for #2... whenever that happens. They are at the hospital. I used to work at the hospital and also know a lot of the OBs and used to see one as well. Only complaint was there wasn't a great place for DH to sleep, so he did go home. Delivery nurse was AWESOME. Then again my labor went quickly (5.5 hrs total) and was 8cm when I got checked at the hospital so I don't know that I'd have noticed too much.

Sarah
idlewildponies is offline   Reply With Quote