Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-23-2006, 05:35 AM   #1
mamabug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Washing soda?

I am thinking of using the Simple Green/Washing soda combo for my dipes. I know what Simple Green is and where to get it, my problem is I have never heard of washing soda. What stores can you get it in and where do you look in the store? WHat kind of packaging does it come in...liquid or powder? Then, how much of each do you use in a normal 2 day load? Thanks for your help!

Advertisement

Loving wife to my best friend, Kevin, BFing, CDing, BWing, CSing, Non-vaxing, babyfood making, knitting, Christian SAHM to Randi 10/94 , Heaven 3/96 , Sheldon 7/98 , Peyton 5/00 and Little Kason born Sept 20, 2006!!
mamabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 05:46 AM   #2
tntmommy
Registered Users

Re: Washing soda?

You can get it pretty much anywhere. Since you're in Indiana, I am assuming you have Meijer, Super Target, etc.... I know for a fact that Meijer has it. It's with their bleaches in the laundry aisle on the top shelf.
tntmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 05:47 AM   #3
tntmommy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntmommy
You can get it pretty much anywhere. Since you're in Indiana, I am assuming you have Meijer, Super Target, etc.... I know for a fact that Meijer has it. It's with their bleaches in the laundry aisle on the top shelf.

And it's in a yellow box (it's a powder) that looks like a big Arm and Hammer Baking Soda box. Just make sure it says "washing soda" instead of "baking soda"
tntmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 06:35 AM   #4
Tyrity
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've never heard of washing soda until I started posting here....thanks for the info in this post, think I may check to see if I can find this stuff
Tyrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:45 AM   #5
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I haven't found it at Walmart here, but I get mine at Kroger (our big mainstream chain grocery store). It's in the laundry aisle, on the top shelf next to the Oxy Clean and Borax and things like that. It's a yellow box with the A&H logo but says "Super Washing Soda".

As for how much, I use 1/4 cup of WS with 4 sprays of Simple Green for a full load of diapers, or adjust down for smaller loads. It works great for us!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 09:25 AM   #6
mamabug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks all for your help!
Loving wife to my best friend, Kevin, BFing, CDing, BWing, CSing, Non-vaxing, babyfood making, knitting, Christian SAHM to Randi 10/94 , Heaven 3/96 , Sheldon 7/98 , Peyton 5/00 and Little Kason born Sept 20, 2006!!
mamabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 09:50 AM   #7
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I was going to ad as well that I had never seen it at Walmart.. but found it easily at Kroger grocery store. If you really can't find it anywhere.. ask the manager of WM if they'll order it... can't hurt in asking! WAshing Powder is GREAT stuff.. WELL worth looking for!
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote