Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-29-2006, 10:43 AM   #21
sandrc
Registered Users
seller

Re: UGH! Thrush, for 5 months?

i went through this the first few months of dd's life. what a pain!

stock up on vinegar. put it in the wash with all of your clothes, towels, bedsheets, blankets.
mix vinegar and water and wash your breasts with it at least twice a day (for me it stung at first but that's because i was so raw and sore but it helped tremendously!)
i didn't find that GSE did alot and DD hated the taste so we didn't stick with it
yogurt, yogurt and more yogurt.
get the baby acidophillus stuff from the refridgerator section of the healthfood store.
i also heard that you can expose your breasts to sunlight and it will help
after you start getting it under control and you feel like it's going away then you may want to do one last diflucan treatment on yourself and your baby.
that should get it.
just make sure all your clothing is sterilized and all the germies are killed.

a few months after dd and i got it under control DH mentioned that he had a rash under his arms of all places. we determined that it was yeast on him too (i guess from before i knew to sterilize the towels) he did vinegar washes and over the counter yeast creams and it went away. but not until he threw out all of his deodorant and stuff he was using.

good luck and i hope you get rid of it soon!

Advertisement

sandrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:44 AM   #22
www.ClothDecisions.com
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Ahh! and still, more good advice! I'll try the vinegar but I am also sore and raw so I may not end up sticking with that one...TY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrc View Post
i went through this the first few months of dd's life. what a pain!

stock up on vinegar. put it in the wash with all of your clothes, towels, bedsheets, blankets.
mix vinegar and water and wash your breasts with it at least twice a day (for me it stung at first but that's because i was so raw and sore but it helped tremendously!)
i didn't find that GSE did alot and DD hated the taste so we didn't stick with it
yogurt, yogurt and more yogurt.
get the baby acidophillus stuff from the refridgerator section of the healthfood store.
i also heard that you can expose your breasts to sunlight and it will help
after you start getting it under control and you feel like it's going away then you may want to do one last diflucan treatment on yourself and your baby.
that should get it.
just make sure all your clothing is sterilized and all the germies are killed.

a few months after dd and i got it under control DH mentioned that he had a rash under his arms of all places. we determined that it was yeast on him too (i guess from before i knew to sterilize the towels) he did vinegar washes and over the counter yeast creams and it went away. but not until he threw out all of his deodorant and stuff he was using.

good luck and i hope you get rid of it soon!
www.ClothDecisions.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:58 AM   #23
trashley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

you know, my mom told me that when we were babies, she had a bottle of olive oil that was for breasts only and she'd put the bottles on her nipples and tip it upside down and do that after every feeding to avoid thrush
Old 12-29-2006, 12:09 PM   #24
MyGlorylife
Registered Users
Formerly: WrapHappy
seller
seller

My Mood:

You need to go get some acidopholis. Kills the bad bacteria and restores the good bacteria in your body. Get it and get it on it!!! Also until your breast feel better, I know a lot of women have had success with nursing with a nipple sheild on .

Go get the acidpholis though- thats really what you need!
Old 12-29-2006, 02:10 PM   #25
Raquelita
Registered Users
seller

Is your daughter also being treated with Diflucan? it does NO GOOD for you to take it if she is not. You both need prescriptions for it, at the right doses, and may need to take it for several weeks - longer than symptoms persist - in order to fully clear it up.

Also do you have Grapefruit Seed Extract that you are using in EVERY load of laundry, as well as swabbing your nipples and your DD's mouth before and after every feeding? That will make a big difference as well (you can buy it online and dilute it 10-20 drops per 1 oz of water i believe and apply with cotton swabs).
Old 12-29-2006, 03:57 PM   #26
birthfree
Registered Users

My Mood:

Diflucan just kills all bacteria in their gut (yours too) so if you give it to your baby be prepared for re-colonization crying (which is why we haven't done it).

For your laundry - bath towels, bras, burp cloths, etc. - wash in hot, put vinegar in your rinse, dry on hot. You should be ok with that for taking care of it on your clothes.

Good luck and I'm so sorry... thrush is nasty stuff!!
birthfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:42 PM   #27
Raquelita
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthfree View Post
Diflucan just kills all bacteria in their gut (yours too) so if you give it to your baby be prepared for re-colonization crying (which is why we haven't done it).
Diflucan is not an antibiotic and it does not kill off bacteria.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:55 PM   #28
birthfree
Registered Users

My Mood:

It kills the gut flora colonization, sorry, that is what I meant.
birthfree is offline   Reply With Quote