Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-15-2008, 08:11 AM   #11
TwosCompany
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Great post! No circumsized penises in this house. DH isn't and we both feel strongly that this is simply NOT a parent's right. In our opinion, DS was born perfect, why change him?!

Kinda OT (a wee bit)...we were at a summer birthday party last year at a friend's home where swimming was on the list of activities. After swimming, we all got our children into the house to change out of their swimsuits. There were 4 little boys all changing in the same room (mine, the hostess', and two other friends') and one of the mamas told the b'day boy, "W, your peepee looks funny!" in a 'teasing' way. (W is intact) We all looked at her and told her that if she wanted to get right down to it, it was her son who had the 'funny-looking' peepee of the group--his was the only circed one there! She was shocked that her son was the only circed boy at the party--needless to say, she made no more 'peepee' comments.

Advertisement

Old 12-15-2008, 08:48 AM   #12
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwosCompany View Post
Great post! No circumsized penises in this house. DH isn't and we both feel strongly that this is simply NOT a parent's right. In our opinion, DS was born perfect, why change him?!

Kinda OT (a wee bit)...we were at a summer birthday party last year at a friend's home where swimming was on the list of activities. After swimming, we all got our children into the house to change out of their swimsuits. There were 4 little boys all changing in the same room (mine, the hostess', and two other friends') and one of the mamas told the b'day boy, "W, your peepee looks funny!" in a 'teasing' way. (W is intact) We all looked at her and told her that if she wanted to get right down to it, it was her son who had the 'funny-looking' peepee of the group--his was the only circed one there! She was shocked that her son was the only circed boy at the party--needless to say, she made no more 'peepee' comments.
Wow, how incredibly inappropriate of that mom, to comment on another child's penis! WTH?

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:57 AM   #13
Karmas Creation
Registered Users

My Mood:

All my boys are and will be intact and im sooooooooo happy about that. SO is NOT and I feel bad for him though I dont tell him that. I have been with both and I tell you as a woman an intact man is more pleasurable. As org poster stated theres more of a gliding motion then chafing and friction - it elminates the need of artificial lubricants all together.

Its the same as with cloth diapering though - I just wasnt informed initially about cloth diaper and all the options I had and now when i see a baby in disposables i feel sick to my stomach and i cant stand the smell and the thought of all those chemicals on their little bottoms.

i have converted my SO in both categories 100% and couldnt be happier about it! - specially since we will be having our 3rd boy in a few weeks

Marrying the Baby Daddy - Oct 9, 2009
Karmas Creation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:39 AM   #14
TwosCompany
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
Wow, how incredibly inappropriate of that mom, to comment on another child's penis! WTH?
Yup. She constantly makes VERY inappropriate comments. She's made comments on the size of a friend's lactating breasts, another's clothing choices, even one's hobby. Of course, SHE'S absolutely normal and perfect. :eyeroll:
Old 12-15-2008, 10:31 AM   #15
beautiful8
Registered Users
Formerly: beautiful7
seller

My Mood:

thank you for posting this! and omg #8 thats just raunchy!!

another point as well in regards to # 9 is that people will argue that it signifies a christian, to which infant baptism and baby dedications are now used (depending no your denomination).
beautiful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:32 AM   #16
beautiful8
Registered Users
Formerly: beautiful7
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwosCompany View Post

some people
beautiful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:05 PM   #17
Karmas Creation
Registered Users

My Mood:

ps: i hope you dont mind but the topic came up on another baby forum i host and i copy and pasted your original top 10 post list as i couldnt have put it any better myself.

Marrying the Baby Daddy - Oct 9, 2009
Karmas Creation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:51 PM   #18
KobeeJacknGradysMama
Lovin' My Baby Boys
seller

My Mood:

I have 3 boys and i chose to circumcise them all. i have never criticized a parent on whether they did or didn't i believe it's a personal choice that both parents make. My husband and i both felt that we should have it done so we did, believe me i felt bad for the baby but it was done in about 5 min the baby was brought back in right after and looked like nothing had happened. he wasn't crying or upset at all (all three the same way). after a couple of days the circ looked fine and you couldn't even tell. i believe to each his own
Old 12-15-2008, 02:07 PM   #19
schmitz2308
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

For you mamas who have convinced your SO what facts did you give them to help change their minds? I am due in Feb and I still have to convince mine!!!
Old 12-15-2008, 04:20 PM   #20
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitz2308 View Post
For you mamas who have convinced your SO what facts did you give them to help change their minds? I am due in Feb and I still have to convince mine!!!
I just said no way, no how, and that I would divorce him and not put his name on the birth cert. I was serious. I said he had to convince me why circ'ing was better. He only came up with that his dad and brothers are. I said, "And you guys always sit around naked, comparing penises." Then we swore and screamed. Later I offered him a short article to read on it, and he eventually read it and agreed and was very happy I made him change his mind.

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote