Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-30-2006, 12:29 PM   #1
Registered Users
Antibiotic allergy

DD woke up this morning looking like she rolled around in pine needles-or got her brothers red marker. Top to bottom on every inch of her little body she has a rash. Amazingly enough I got an appointment at 9:20 with her peds office-and I only had to hold for 10 minutes this time. She's been on Cephrozil (sp?) for 8 days now (ears), so we're thinking it's the medicine. I have her on Benadryl but does anyone else know of anything I can do/use to help her? she doesn't seem to be itchie but wow does she look horrible. Nothing like having other moms pull their little ones away from you so they don't come near your child-Just in case I wasn't letting her go near the other little ones or play in the play room, but still.....the one mom was really mean. She actually had the nerve to turn around and say "I hope that's why your here today-you need to fix that!" No ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sitting in the waiting room with a baby (ok 23 month old) curled up in my lap obviously not happy and she's gona get snotty with me!? The Dr. came out to get us then and heard me tell the mom--"I hope you disinfect the play room when your done since your child just hacked something up and wiped it on the table and rug--at least I'm not letting mine around the other kids even though she's not contagious!" I guess the Dr. and nurse both heard the other lady and told me that they were glad I spoke up to her-sorry this turned out so long-it just pisses me off when I would never knowingly expose anyone elses little ones to something that one of mine may have. I guess that just because I try to be considerate of others I like to think they would be the same.

driftymaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 03:09 PM   #2
My Mood:
Re: Antibiotic allergy

Good job for telling that mamma to buzz off.

I hope your little one feels better soon
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 03:14 PM   #3
No Longer Here
My Mood:

what a witch that lady was maer, oh god, i wouldve smacked her!
i'm glad you told her about her snotty kid, she shoul dhave her kid on her lap and not be worrying about yours!
deme can be allergic to the antibiotic, dannny is allergic to amoxycillin, any cillins he can not have, he got a full body rash that turned into like roseola.
hope deme feels better soon
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 07:44 PM   #4
Registered Users

You could try an oatmeal bath if the baby is itchy. You can find premade oatmeal bath powders at pretty much any drug store (Aveeno makes some) or you can make your own by grinding oatmeal until it is SUPER fine. Then just add it to the bath water.
I knit sweaters and longies (especially sock monkey ones):
Crocheted Cupcake "Baking" sets, playfood, and sock monkey items now available at my etsy store
Mama to Annabel 9/01/05, Ian 10/11/08
weddell is offline   Reply With Quote