Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-17-2008, 08:24 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Cool He is so funny!

I weaned my 2 and a half year old about a month ago because I'm pregnant w/ twins and my milk had totally dried up. Nursing had become intolerable and I was hating it! I still feel awful because he LOVED nursing.

However, he has continued his love affair with his "nummies"!! He makes me take offmy shirt so he can cuddle them, hold them while he watches TV, etc. He occasionally sneaks and latches on until I yelp in pain and make him get off them... his response is usually a sly smirk and "oh man!" ( thanks Swiper)

His fav thing to do is put his face between my breasts and close his eyes, with this smile. It's adorable. At least he can still get comfort even though he is no longer nursing from them! I wonder if him doing this is normal...

Brittany-mama to a bunch!Wife to Joseph Missing Zahra and Jayden my NCC and SAHM to Evan (5) Gavin & Bryce (3) and Avery (10.27.11)My planned UC, Daddy-caught Boobie Monster! 8lbs, 20'' long and 14'' head circum.
BrittBBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:35 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: He is so funny!

I am also pregnant and my dd has mostly weaned. She now nurses about once per week or so and that's it. But she still loves my "na-nas"! She wants to touch them when she is upset and she wants to sleep holding on to them too. If she sees me take my shirt of when I'm changing or something her face will light up and she says "na-nas!" Too funny!
-Alicia, mommy to
Munchkin (5/19/06) and Sweets (4/25/09)
CEVmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:33 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

DS weaned around July/August and he still snuggles against my chest for comfort now and then. He will also sneak his hand down my shirt now and then. Lately he has been talking about them again "Mommy's nonnies. Guy drink it all gone" One day we were walking past the underwear section and the store and Guy shouted "NONNIES!!!" when he saw the bra displays. DH and I cracked up as did our niece that was with us and some of the ladies that were in the section.

I think it is normal to seek comfort with/from them.
Proud to have nursed DS for 25+ months!
guysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:51 PM   #4
Formerly: Boomer
My Mood:

My older son does that! He will be 4 in February...I just weaned him this past September. Now that he's a little older, at least he's polite about it. He asks, "Can I touch your boob?"
A real woman always has a clean house, an empty laundry basket, smells good, is well made-up, slim, healthy, eloquent, and perfectly well behaved...I suspect I am a man.
Psychomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 11:17 AM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

I am so glad I read this! My almost 3 1/2 year old who weaned at 19 months (I was preggo) STILL loves to touch my boobs. I thought he was weird and I tramatized him for life. LOL Maybe he is normal after all When do you think he'll stop?
ANDREA- Apostolic Wife to Nathan , SAHM to Joshua (7 1/2) and Caleb (5 1/2) and Anna (3)
ANDREA0507 is offline   Reply With Quote