Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-23-2006, 07:22 PM   #11
You know me; not much with the damseling.
Re: Thank you Ladies. Sounds like we might

My favorite fitteds are BBL, hands down. They fit great, are T&T and really absorbent. I also have 5 each of Fireflies and Patchwork Pixie that are a little trimmer and lighter weight (in terms of absorbency) that I use when she's not peeing a river. If the FF and PWP were T&T and not serged, I'd love them, as well.

I usually add a microfleece liner to Isabel's fitteds to help keep her tush a little drier. That way I can use a zinc oxide diaper cream if she's looking a little red.

Vick ~ SAHM to my amazing girls: Isabel 07.07.05 and Olivia 12.11.07
"I want to be outspoken. I want to say my opinions and I hope they're taken in the right way. I don't want to stop being free. And I won't." ~ Angelina Jolie
vick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:34 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Confession and a question for fitted users.

I love my OMG fitteds! I prefer T&T fitteds because DD is sensitive to some serging, but Meg serged one that Kyla can wear!! YAY!! They work really well too, quite absorbant. I don't like flannel anymore, but that is also an issue that Kyla has.

As for sposies, the last time I had one on Kyla, I felt like I had to hide it from everyone. I was so ashamed! We were walking past Meg's (ontariomama) house and DH yelled "Kyla is in a sposie" and I got mad at him and embarassed, I ran away hoping she didn't hear, lol! I much prefer my cute cloth dipes
Katie - Breastfeeding, CDing, co-sleeping, baby wearing, baby signing mommy to Riley (6/21/02) Kyla (8/30/05) Brenna (6/3/07) Tristan (6/11/09)
Proud Wife to my Soldier
Praying for him in Afghanistan Stay safe my love!
riandkymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:05 PM   #13
Big Grown-Up Mommy
Registered Users
My Mood:

Our favorite fitteds seem to change every few months. Right now we're loving our Clothmopolitans (Little Fishy), our SOS, our Muttaqins and our Tykies. Of those, the Muttaqins are the most absorbant, especially the older OS ones with the hemp soaker. If he's not in a Muttaqin or a Tykie, I always throw a fleece-topped hemp doubler into the diaper.
I don't find him any more rashy in fitteds.
For going out, we use AIOs or pockets, especially Lucy's Hope Chest, Snap-EZ and GADs.
Heather, mom to two sweet boys: B 9/01 and S 7/05.
At MDC/HC/Pin as Heather30ish and Ebay as NYBookMom. Smoke-free, cat-friendly home!
Big Grown-Up Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:27 PM   #14
Registered Users

I LOVE my VB fitteds and AIOs (hemp or mf inner). They are so absorbant that he can go quite a while in the fitted before it soaks through to the outside., and mine have a stay dry athletic liner (got mine from OBB, LOVE her work!) So, since his skin stays dry, no rash.
joline, cd'ing, bf'ing, slingin mama to Gilbert (10/04) & Eleanor (1/07)
Hibiscus Baby now Open!
Home of the No Tie Mei Tai, and Hand Embroidered Woolen Sets
wholesomemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:37 PM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:

I have a new snap-ez fitted - its the 200 weight fleece. I haven't used it yet, b ut I think I will love it. Its so soft. Its for under my wool soakers. I have a heavy wetter and wanted a pocket fitted I can stuff! I have Happy Hempy's but I wanted something even softer. I think I will l ove this diaper! I took it out of the wash and it only felt slightly damp, meaning I think it will be really dry against his skin!
Kelly, coffee addicted internet junkie married to my navy man Scott, and mama to Ethan 12.25.05 and Lucas 6.10.08
Adorn- nursing/babywearing necklaces, jewelry, beaded watches, and wine charms. Click me!
Kelolsen-and-Padawan is offline   Reply With Quote