View Poll Results: Potty seat or potty chair?
Potty seat (that goes over the big potty) 32 56.14%
Potty chair 13 22.81%
Other, not sure what though just thought I'd add it just in case 12 21.05%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-27-2008, 06:32 PM   #21
ForCryingOutLoud
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Which is better a potty seat or a potty chair?

I had better experience with the seat that goes on the potty. We had both and my DS didn't want anything to do with the little one. Less clean up with the seat that goes on the big potty. But we had both for him decide what he wanted to do.

Advertisement

Old 12-27-2008, 07:07 PM   #22
Hitchkids
Registered Users

After our recent experience with child number 6, I will never use a potty chair again. We bought the potty chair because she was a bit smaller than the other kids were when they learned so we thought maybe it would be easier for her. After a while, I noticed we had a phantom trashcan pee-er on the loose. I could not figure out who the heck was peeing into the trashcan in the bathroom. Sometimes the older boys may have aiming issues but this was way beyond that. Then one day DH walks into the bathroom to find child number 6 dumping the very full contents of her potty chair directly into the trashcan. So that darn potty chair is going to be hidden somewhere very dark and secret in the very near future. On the positive side, she has pretty much figured things out super quickly but I just can't take the thought of finding a trashcan full of pee all the time.
Hitchkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:16 PM   #23
turtle2who
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Potty seat on big potty is best. No transition from little to big.

Baby Bjorn potty seat is THE BEST. It cost us $30 and was SOOO worth it. You could probably find it cheaper, but we just went to Babies R Us. I wasted money on so many others trying to spend less.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:38 PM   #24
blossomgoat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We did both. We had a potty chair in DDs room while we were still doing part-time EC and the beginning stages of PLing (mostly for naps and nights) but as she got more confident, we just packed it up and used only the toilet ring. We always did use the toilet, too, so it was a double-hit approach.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:11 PM   #25
kittykat2481
Registered Users

My Mood:

DS is only 12 months, and I don't plan to start PLing until he's walking more and a little more verbal, but he has a habit of pooping during the 6:00pm hour like clockwork. The problem is, that this may happen in his diaper at the dinner table (gross, but not the end of the world) or in the bath tub after dinner. His night time routine works so perfectly for him, that I am not going to change bath time, but I'm tired of disinfecting the tub and 10,000 bath tub toys (that all hold water) ever.single.night. So, a friend gave us a potty ring and a potty seat that her DS had used. Well, he's afraid of the toilet seat (most likely because he's so small and his legs just dangle) and the potty chair is awful, and I'm afraid he's going to get his legs pinched in it. When DH gets paid I am getting the baby bjorn seat.

(I think I am too tired and skipped part of my thought lol.) The plan is to let him sit on the seat whenever he wants so he's not afraid of it, and then have it near the tub during bath time so that if I see him start to go I can put him on the potty and *hopefully* catch the poo. We'll see if this actually works or not lol.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:37 AM   #26
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i think the chairs. my little one is scared to death to sit on the seat, even with the little baby seat on it.

my older just liked his seat better.
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:19 AM   #27
cheygirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use both. Potty chair downstairs, and seat upstairs. She went through periods where she preferred one over the other, though now she seems fine with both.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:04 AM   #28
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have a potty chair that can be put on the toilet later. I had to find one that didn't have a lid because DD just slammed the lid closed all the time. The only one that didn't was the Winnie the Pooh seat at Wal-mart, which killed me to buy, but it becomes a stool and potty seat later, and is a potty chair at first.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote