Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-02-2007, 05:33 PM   #1
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
My Mood:
Detox diet & breastfeeding

I read somewhere that you shouldn't do a detox diet while BFing, as all the toxins will go into your BM. But what I don't understand is that if they're in your body, aren't they getting in the BM anyway? DH is on vacation next week and we REALLY want to use that week to cleanse everything - from the energy in our house to the toxins in our body. I just want to understand how it's worse for me to do a detox diet and have the toxins go into the BM and then have NO toxins in my body than it is for DS to be constantly getting toxins from the build-up stored in my body.

Tiffani wife of Wes 11/16/02, Partner of Jamie and David
SAHM to Xander 4/5/06, Jaime 1/20/09,
and Malcolm 11/15/10
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:38 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Detox diet & breastfeeding

I asked a holistic dr about detoxing while breastfeeding. When you have toxins in your body a small amount is passed through your breastmilk. When you detox, very large amounts of toxins are trying to find the quickest way out that they can, through your urine, your bowel movements, and your breastmilk. Therefore passing so much toxins through your breastmilk that a lot of times it actually changes the color of breastmilk. She REALLY recomended that I wait until she is weaned or pump and dump for a week, otherwise all those toxins you are trying to get rid of just go into DC anyways.
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote