Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-30-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
bagjunkie4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Crickett's- hemp or cotton?

I used to have cricketts last year and today, was thinking about the diapers that Sarah had. Out of all diapers that we have, Cricketts and Piddle Poddles are our number one favorite. Now, I want to buy more cricketts. I see that they have Cotton now. So, which one would be more asborbant hemp or cotton?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 12-31-2008, 05:27 AM   #2
fiercetigress
Registered Users

Re: Crickett's- hemp or cotton?

For the same amount of fabric, hemp is more absorbent than cotton, and so is a hemp/cotton blend. Bamboo is also more absorbent than cotton, but I don't think it's quite as absorbent as hemp/cotton blends, but it is softer.

You might want to consider cotton Crickett's for daytime diapering, and hemp/cotton for nighttime and "going-out" diapering.

--Rochelle
fiercetigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:49 AM   #3
bagjunkie4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the post. I'll be sure to check it out.. I was set on getting some more sandies but now not sure. Sandies or Cricketts...
Old 03-28-2009, 12:49 PM   #4
Jessrouth
Registered Users
seller

Anyone use the cotton overnight?
Jessrouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:51 PM   #5
maramarrie
Registered Users
seller

I haven't tried these yet to compare them, but the same question was asked on a non-DS board. The response there (by one person) was that they are equally absorbent. I'm not sure how true this is or why the company would bother with both types of diapers if they are the "same." Hope it works out for you, though. I'd love to know.
maramarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #6
BeckysBabyMakes6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't used Crickett's hemp diapers (hemp gives my DD a rash) but I've found the cotton ones to be a bit rough. I also want to try Sandy's. I have some MEOS and their cotton is sooooo soft. I don't know why the cricketts are so rough. They feel almost brittle. I've used them a few times and have washed them at least 8 times I'd say. As for absorbancy, I don't have any complaints. The majority of my stash is GMs and she goes coverless a lot....not in Cricketts or MEOS, though! She can easily go 3-4 hours in a cotton Crickett with a fleece cover, though.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #7
abagold
Registered Users
seller

I just bought one of each new in the toddler size and they run really big. I bought a hemp crickett (toddler) on FSOT and it was very rough. I think it was old. I had one of the NB size and that was great but too small now.

Hemp vs cotton- the hemp is more absorbant but the cotton is much softer and very absorbant. I used the hemp last night and the back was still dry this morning, that has never happened with any other dipe. The hemp fits better because it shrunk more, the cotton shrunk some but not much.

For the price they are both great. I do wish there were more snaps and a little tighter elastic.

I have one bamboo Sandy and it is great - very absorbant, super soft, comfy elastic.

I would say hemp crickett for nightime and then a sandy for daytime just because I like the elastic better and think it would contain poo better
abagold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:00 PM   #8
mama_trollie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hemp. We really like ours. We barely use cotton here anymore.

ISO Hyenacart yarn or?
mama_trollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:57 AM   #9
maieranne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought one of each around christmas time and I prefer the hemp. Cotton seems to have gotten a bit rough and I like that the hemp will stretch a bit while the cotton won't.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:34 AM   #10
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

cotton will stay soft longer - hemp is supposed to be more absorbent for the same amount but one might just have more fabric in them - i like my bamboo sandies because i can line dry and they stay soft which didnt happen with the cotton terry ones - i liked the hemp jersey crickets though which i dont think they make anymore because they also stayed softer - i could have used crickets infants as os diapers but i had trouble getting the front snap to fit well