Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2007, 10:11 AM   #11
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Delayed Vacination in Oklahoma?

I didn't want miranda having any of it.. but she ended up with the Vit K shot and the eye goop.. It was upsetting. But miranda was a very rough Delivery and came out.. "damaged" (she had a bunch of cuts in different locations) so I was told because of that she would need it. The eye goop was before I could say anything. the hepB was watched over very closely by my bestfriend.

If you don't want something done.. make sure you tell them! next time my child will be free of everything.

Advertisement

jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:02 PM   #12
A'smommy
Registered Users

Re: Delayed Vacination in Oklahoma?

Two words: Birth plan. Make sure to show it to/discuss it with your OB and have them fax it to the hospital to put in your file. It'll probably tick the nurses off though so make sure hubby or gma or somebody is with the baby at all times. (Not that they'd hurt the baby, but they might just do the eye goop or whatever and then claim ignorance of your wishes.)

FWIW, my DD was born in a hospital and we didn't skip the Vit K or eye goop, but we did delay it. And we delayed the vaxes. I just told them we'd already discussed it with her pediatrician and would be getting them later (they don't have to know how much later).

Watch out for busybody nurses though...there was one that just would not leave me alone. Kept coming in to "check" on us and lecturing me about the vaxes. Eventually I figured out when she was making her rounds and was "asleep" when she came by.

Congrats on your new little one!