Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2007, 08:08 PM   #1
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:
I need HELP getting my ds to sleep in his own bed.

I dont "do" co-sleeping well. I dont sleep well and all that fun stuff. DS' latch needs to be constantly monitored because its not the greatest and I often have sore nipples but when hes in bed with me he wants to be attached ALL night. When hes not attached hes launching off my belly.

With DS#1 I used CIO
With DD I used CIO

This time, I dont feel like I can do it.

I have had ONE small victory where he fell asleep in his bed on his own...but nothing since then. He will fall asleep in my arms and I will put him down and the second he is in his bed he wakes up.

I have heard of the book suggestions, but honestly, I dont have any time to read anything.

Can someone just give me some pointers? Or give me the basic directions the books give?

DS is 3 months old.

Advertisement

Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:36 PM   #2
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need HELP getting my ds to sleep in his own bed.

I really don't have a clue but thought I would maybe help brainstorm? Have you tried heating up a receiving blanket in the microwave and laying in the crib before you lay your DC in there? That might help them not wake up in the transfer and I know they heat receiving blankets in the hospital.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:39 PM   #3
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

I never tried vthat. Maybe I should!
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:29 PM   #4
A'smommy
Registered Users

I did the "five-minute rule." (I borrowed the name from my college classes--if the teacher's late you waited five minutes for a TA, 10 for an assoc. professor, 15 for a full prof.---but the technique I made up from several different parenting books/styles/whatever.) We did a bedtime routine (strongly recommended by the pedi--to have one, not this one in particular): walk the dog, bath, pajamas, story, nursing, bed. She would cry for a few minutes and I'd sit in here in the office and check my email, keeping an eye on the clock on the toolbar. At five minutes if she was still not asleep I'd go back in, pick her up, comfort, nurse, whatever...and then repeat. I never increased the amount of time (I think that's what Ferberizing is); I just kept it at five minutes. She still sqauwks when we put her down for sleep, but often she's out before we can even walk down the hall. Sometimes it's not even 10 seconds. She's an extremely light sleeper though, so I never get to stare lovingly at her sleeping baby face. (It's more like, "Are you KIDDING me? I'm not going in there!" )

I won't kid you though it takes a LOT of back-and-forth.

GL! Hope you find something that works!