Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2009, 07:43 PM   #1
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Why the regression?

I'm so frustrated. We had day trained DS in October and most of november. December hit and I'm the one who is trained. If I don't take DS to the toilet he just relieves a bit in his pants to take the pressure off. He never did get over going poop in his pants. But DS doesn't want to go to the toilet. Some days I have to carry him to the bathroom to prevent accidents.

I don't want to go back to diapers. But should I? He's grown out of all the diapers I made him and yesterday we ran out of the pullups we have been using for bedtime. Tonight he's in training underwear since I forgot to buy pullups. I know that we're going to have a flood in the bed but I wasn't going to the store again since I didn't think about this till bedtime.

He knows how to go to the toilet. He just doesn't want to since he knows that I'll change his clothes. I tried making him get in the tub and giving him a rinse off when he poops in his pants, but that hasn't detered anything either.

Is there anything that I can do? Or am I just supposed to do lots of laundry and pray he figures it out one day? I'd love some advice.

Advertisement

Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:13 PM   #2
PsyckoPrincess
Registered Users
seller

Re: Why the regression?

Ahhh! Hi Mama! I can't offer advice on this thread, ause my DS is only 6 1/2 mo still! But I wanted to comfort - I hope someone comes along with something to help you out!!!
Christ-following, EC'd, circ'd but non-vacc'd, ERF'd, crunchy, tattooed, organic & green, plant-based single SAHM , to my 100% natural-birthed DS lil herbivore boy! 6/19/08! Visit us! http://herbivoreadventures.com/
PsyckoPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:38 AM   #3
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Thx, DH and I talked a lot last night and we're going to start over training as if we hadn't started. We pulled the little potty back out and we've decided to give a little candy everytime he goes in the potty. Plus we decided to put him back in cloth at night since he HATES to have a cover over a diaper we're hoping that will encourage him to stop peeing at night. Plus I hated spending money on no-name pull ups.

We've both been sooooo frustrated that I think our frustrations have been making him not want to. So......maybe this will work.
Join me on Swagbucks

Old 01-07-2009, 06:59 AM   #4
Cmeyer
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was hoping for some advice here too. I have a 2 and half year old, she used to do SOOO well, had been pooping on the potty since before a year. And willstill poop on the potty no trouble. but she has be peeing inher pants soo much lately. I'll ask her if she has to go, and she'll say no, and 15min later or so, she's standing there saying, peed my pants mommy. So i've changed to telling her she has to try to go to the potty. I've not really done rewards, as that didn't really work in the past, but i wonder if i should try again. She knows FULL well what she's doing. A friend of mine suggested treating her like a baby if she was going to be acting like a baby by not using the potty like big girls. This would involve 2 naps again, spoon feeding, being carried up the stairs. she's very indepandant, so i am pretty sure that this would have some sort of effect. Maybe something like that might be an idea?
ZoŽ Nevaeh born April 21st/10 my Breech VBAC
Cmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:13 AM   #5
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

well we had been taking DS to the potty, and if he didn't go we'd carry him. (just to avoid wet pants) we completly stopped that. if he wants his treat he has to do it all. he was getting used to us doing it for him. Plus someone told me a story of someone they knew that they washed their boys bums with cold water when they pooped in their undies. So i'm trying that. He DOES NOT like it. so i'm hoping that he'll soon link the 2 together.

the lifesaver trick is working for the most part for pee. but still no change with poop
Join me on Swagbucks