Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2009, 10:50 PM   #1
ijgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
*another* Goodmama question, who has had theirs for a year?

So ds is outgrowing his wonderful Crickett's, which means I need to replace them. I'd get more, but DH is adamant that both DS and DD wear the same type diaper, so that means ALL OS (we use all OS anyway, except for about 9 Crickett's and 2 FB I couldn't part with). So I was going to get some GMs (today hopefully!) but wanted to know if anyone has had their GMs for nearly a year or more? How have they held up? Holes in fabric? Elastic wearing out? I use mostly MEOS and a few Cuddlebuns and Pampered Cheeks. PC I can't really get anymore and MEOS (while I LOVE them) are huge on a nb (we ARE having more kiddos), but the GM seem not *so* huge. I saw the other threads about GMs and their snap/serging/cs issues, so these have all been answering some questions I had, save this one. TIA!

Advertisement

Old 01-09-2009, 04:58 AM   #2
SillyEllie
Registered Users
Formerly: ardygurly
seller

My Mood:
Re: *another* Goodmama question, who has had theirs for a year?

I didn't have mine for a year bc I hated mine, They started falling apart WAY before then, maybe 3 washes! Have you looked into bb fitted os? we love those here!
Old 01-09-2009, 05:00 AM   #3
mommymilk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardygurly View Post
I didn't have mine for a year bc I hated mine, They started falling apart WAY before then, maybe 3 washes! Have you looked into bb fitted os? we love those here!
Oh no! I just bought some!
mommymilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:50 AM   #4
ktmo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't had mine for over a year, but almost 9 months. They have held up great. I don't have any issues with holes, although one developed a hole after a month or two and GM replaced it free of charge. No serging issues. I have had to send a few in to get snaps repaired, but that is rare.
Katie - DD#1 - 5/05 and DD#2 - 4/07
Search and Win with swagbucks
See my Shopping Reviews
ktmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:00 AM   #5
mtfbwy72
Squishy Knits
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardygurly View Post
This not the norm. Did you buy them new or used mama? and did you contact goodmama about the issues. They are great about fixing any faulty dipes.

I have had mine for a couple of months with absolutely no issues with the dipes or DS wearing them. (DS has eczema and sensitive skin if that helps answer one question) and there are several mamas in the "Extra Fluffy" forum who have had GM's for along time that could answer your ? in detail I'm sure.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:04 AM   #6
mississippimommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've heard great things about goodmamas holding up. AND they're having a buy 2 get one free sale on their fitteds now at her main site.
mississippimommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:11 AM   #7
SillyEllie
Registered Users
Formerly: ardygurly
seller

My Mood:

I bought one off of fsot and 1 new and the same things happened. It's actually NOT rare to have snap issues or serging issues. There have been lots of mamas with these problems and some don't have problems but there ARE problems with these more then other dipes. EVen if you go on diaperpin.com others have complained about the same things. Not worth the money imo