Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
adensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
"Retiring" diapers....

When do you decide to retire diapers from your stash? I have a few prefolds that are starting to get hole in the outer layer. I've bought some replacements, and have set the holey ones aside intending to use them for cleaning cloths now.....but I just can't seem to make myself actually USE them for cleaning cloths!!

Of course, we have several fitteds that are beginning to develop holes in the soakers and there's no way I'm removing them from rotation yet! I guess since the pfs were so cheap to begin with I thought it would be easier to let them go.

When do you decide a diaper is "shot"?

Advertisement

Old 01-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #2
Emmaleigh3699
Registered Users
seller

Re: "Retiring" diapers....

when it can't do its job anymore fitteds and prefolds are ok with some holes as long as they're not huge and through all layers. pockets are fine with the openings ripped a little wider, shot elastic can be fixed, snaps and velcro can be replaced - but once it just falls apart, its time to let the diaper go in peace lol
Emmaleigh3699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
pcolamomtothefifth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Holes in the binding that would irritate DS is when I have retired fitteds. I've never used pfs but I don't think I would retire those with a little wear. BTW, I love my cashmere longies from WEW! I can't wait til you reopen!

Christen, mama to William V, April 11, 2007

& Madeleine Jane, February 10, 2010

pcolamomtothefifth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:49 PM   #4
adensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcolamomtothefifth View Post
Holes in the binding that would irritate DS is when I have retired fitteds. I've never used pfs but I don't think I would retire those with a little wear. BTW, I love my cashmere longies from WEW! I can't wait til you reopen!
Aw...so glad you like them! My dh has been on me about sewing up some stuff.... They newbie is only 7 weeks old yesterday, and I'm still trying to catch up on laundry and housework!! I've got some things cut and ready to sew...just gotta make some time!

Maybe that's why I can't bear to use them as cleaning rags yet....they could still work in a pinch.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:06 PM   #5
pcolamomtothefifth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adensmom View Post
Aw...so glad you like them! My dh has been on me about sewing up some stuff.... They newbie is only 7 weeks old yesterday, and I'm still trying to catch up on laundry and housework!! I've got some things cut and ready to sew...just gotta make some time!

Maybe that's why I can't bear to use them as cleaning rags yet....they could still work in a pinch.
Congrats on your NB I remember those days, I didn't see a computer no less a sewing machine! I could never use diapers as cleaning rags, I'm just weird like that. I would put them away or donate them. IMO.

Christen, mama to William V, April 11, 2007

& Madeleine Jane, February 10, 2010

pcolamomtothefifth is offline   Reply With Quote