Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-30-2006, 07:21 PM   #11
heluvsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Starting solids

Breastmilk is far more nutritious than any solids you can give your baby. I used to start my dc on solids right at 4 months just because that is what I thought I was supposed to do. Now I know that bm is all they need for at least the first 8 months, or until they get teeth. Giving solids before they are ready can wreak havoc on their digestive systems. Relax, mama!

Advertisement

Old 01-07-2007, 09:54 AM   #12
roocraw4d
Registered Users

I agree with the pp's.
My DD snarfed down cereal the very first time she had it (rice cereal). Then she hated it and would gag. There was no difference in how it was prepared. I tried a few other foods and she would have nothing to do with them. This was at 6.5 months. I waited a month and tried her on beef. She liked it.
She is now 8 months and has had chicken, beef and turkey from a jar. Green beans, carrots, sweet potatoes, and asparagus that I pureed. She tried avocado yesterday and hated it.
Don't worry about using cereal as the first food. Don't forget, red meat is high in iron.
roocraw4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:23 AM   #13
worldwarcaitlin
Registered
seller

wait and then when you try again, do something else. avocado, pear, sweet potato, whatev. I suggest reading up at wholesomebabyfood.com they have a lot of good info!

yellow spider, yellow leaf. confirms my deepest held belief.
worldwarcaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote