Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-14-2006, 08:10 PM   #11
tkamommy
Registered Users

Re: How do YOU eat healthy?

For myself recently, (trying to slim down) I have been eating grapenuts for two of my meals. Then fruit, (apples/oranges/grapefruits) and veggies (salad/carrots) for fillers, to keep my need for food down. Then I eat one meal, try to eat it in middle of day, it's best not to eat a lot in the evenings.

For my children I've got bowls of fruit out for them to snack on. And I've started buying cornflakes, and frosted flakes and mixing them. That way the get the sweet they think they need, and yet not a total sugar rush. Water! - My daughter (3) has taken on a very good habit, she asks for water at every meal. My parents think it's funny, but it's good for her.

Advertisement

tkamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:48 PM   #12
MojoMama
Registered Users

We try and eat something of every color every day... we got lots of different fruits and veggies in our diet that way
Old 01-08-2007, 12:14 PM   #13
Ashwin'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: onebumatatime!
seller

My Mood:

Hello!

Wed o eat sugar, but try to stay away from high fructose corn syrup...also NO TRANS FATS! They not only hurt your heart, bu there is significant risk of heart disease and hardening of the arteries. A good site is www.bantransfats.org. Also, we have in the past used the ZOne - it is very very good - I dropped a ton of weight by just changing my diet! AND it is not a diet - you eat more food actually, you just balance fat, carbs and protein...

Good luck!

Tara
Old 01-08-2007, 12:22 PM   #14
lemonbalm
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I belong to a pre order buying coop to get natural and organic foods in bulk and/or somewhat more inexpensively, by the case, sharing cases etc. (www.unitedbuyingclubs.com). Doesn't work for all types of items, but helpful in some instances.

We get almost exclusively organic on the fruits and veggies which potentially have the most pesticides, but dd who won't take vitamins drinks vitamin fortified kid orange juice instead. DD and DH are 100% vegetarian (except for fish), I am 90%.

Make own bread and baked goods...about 3/4 of what we consume for baked goods. No bread machine, but a stand mixer works nicely for us or I knead by hand. You can add in lots of good stuff: soy flour, extra wheat germ, etc. This helps me diversify DDs diet without letting her in on it. Also make whole wheat choc chip cookies or muffins. and sneak ground almonds into it. She won't eat nuts but she'll eat those and has no idea about the nuts!
lemonbalm is offline   Reply With Quote