Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2007, 11:16 AM   #1
daisybaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
UGH!! My dd is probably getting tubes in her ears!

I don't understand. She is the one I breastfed the longest--15 months!! And the only reason she stopped is I was 3 months pregnant and apparently she didn't like the taste anymore. She had 3-4 ear infections last winter and has already had 3 this winter with the fluid not clearing up. She had a hearing test today and she does have some hearing loss. And they mentioned at her age (25 months) she would be put under general anesthesia to insert them. Everything has gone wrong since my husband deployed in August!! It just doesn't seem to end!! My little ds is getting over RSV. He was observed in the hospital for one night, but only ended up needing the albuterol inhaler. He's also the one with the hydronephrosis (enlarged kidney). My older ds had broken his arm, and my older dd had badly sprained her ankle. Both have had strep. We have been to the doctor's every week since my ds has been born with one child or another and he's almost 4 months old!! I am SO ready to scream!!

Advertisement

daisybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:22 PM   #2
HeidiMarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: UGH!! My dd is probably getting tubes in her ears!

This happened with my dd #2. I did everything exactly the same as far as nursing went with her as I did dd #1. She had constant ear infections..one after another! It was so frustrating! She was EBF for around 8 months and still had so many problems. We ended up having tubes put in when she was 15 mo. She ended up needing a second set a year later after the first set fell out. They made a world of difference for her. Her speech and hearing improved so much! It was worth it..I'd do it again. Hang in there mama! It won't be as bad as you think! I hope things get better for you! Hugs to you!
Old 01-08-2007, 05:56 PM   #3
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

oh my goodness! you have a lot going on. im sorry it seems as if everything is falling apart. how frustrating with the ear infections (well, all of it really). you sound like you could really use a break. are you able to get any time to yourself? jsut to take a breather? i hope things start to look up soon sweetie.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:36 PM   #4
tresal
Registered Users

Wow! That's hard! My son was also bf'd for 25 months and he always had ear infections constantly from 10 months on until they put the tubes in when he was 16 months old. He did wonderful after that! It was so much better! The surgery only lasted for 1/2 hr and he was awake and fine within a few minutes. He did need some extra cuddling that day
She'll be okay! Good luck!

teresa
Old 01-08-2007, 06:45 PM   #5
Fuzzi Fannies Creations
Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
seller

My Mood:

Aww mama!! It's an easy surgery tho!! My dd had it.. when she was 11 mo ( wow that was 7 years ago) she idd really well and was back to her old self by nightime!
Old 01-08-2007, 06:51 PM   #6
Malka
Registered Users
seller
seller

Dd had tubes last Feb when she was almost 13 months. She had general anesthesia. They started at 9AM, and they were done by 9:10 and she was awake. She was totally fine afterward and we were at Mommy and Me at 10:30.
Malka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:48 PM   #7
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I feel your pain - my dd (18 months) is getting tubes on the 18th. She's had a bunch of ear infections and, since I'm a teacher and she goes to a sitter w/ a bunch of other teacher's kids, she's exposed to every bug in the disctrict, so we thought it best to go ahead with the surgery. I'm so nervous, but my mom's a nurse and explained everything they do and each drug they use and what it's for and what it makes you feel like - I feel a lot more confortable having spoken w/ her, but still - poor baby! My thought is this - I'd rather her have a fifteen minute surgery than be on and off antibiotics forever. Have you scheduled the surgery yet?
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote