Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Chili 15 bean soup help!

Dh has been wanting chili. I usually just make it with various canned beans and spices. Anyhow, I saw a bag of the 15 bean soup (dry beans) and it said it has the chili seasonings so I thought I would give it a try. I have soaked the beans and was hoping to toss them in to the crock pot on low overnight. Well the bag directions say bring to a boil and then simmer for 2 hours with 2 quarts of water. Well of course, my crockpot only holds the beans and 1 quart of water. Should I just make it in the pot on the stove tomorrow, or can I start it in the crock pot and add water as needed? (like when I go to bed around 11, and check on it again when I get up for one of my way too numerous restroom visits?)

I'm not sure how much the beans will swell up, and/or the water evaporate.

And I want to add, that's a lot of freaking beans!! i'm not sure if DH will even it eat with it being so....beany!

And duh...I guess I could just put half of the beans in the crockpot, and then only using half of the water that the bag calls for won't be that big of a deal. Of course I think of that after I type out my questions!

Advertisement

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote