Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2009, 09:42 AM   #11
shanree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Vaccine Safety Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nethridge View Post
That just seems silly to me. No doctor is going to sign something saying they accept responsibility. The adverse effects are listed in the package inserts. It's your job to make an informed choice and DENY vaccines if any of those things bother you. YOU DO NOT have to sign vaccine wavers.

some docs DO try to make parents sign waivers as a scare tactic to try to pressure them into vaxxing. This is just a retaliation to that. I don't think it would be silly at all to hand this to a doctor who was waving his own waiver in my face telling me I was harming my child by not vaxxing! I think it could be very eye opening and definitely get a doc off a mom's back about it!

Advertisement

JESUS LOVING Wife to Les, Full-Time Mama to Naomi (17) Elijah (11) Ian (8) Jake/Xander/Rachel (7yr old triplets) Aiden (5) and Benjamin (2) ....Homebirthing, EBF, ERF, CD'ing, BW'ing, HS'ing, Co-Sleeping, No-Circ, No Vax, 3 natural VBAC Mama. & now I am a CPST!!!!
shanree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:27 AM   #12
ttmomma
Registered Users
Formerly: ree**23
seller

My Mood:

Wow, can you post where you found this?? This is great, not silly at all, but in some way brings a little bit of power to the parents who are bullied or told by doctors that vaccines are completely safe or who are asked to sign a waiver.

Recovering CD addict & momma to DS, who refuses to wear CD's no matter how fluffy

Last edited by ttmomma; 06-24-2010 at 08:49 PM.
ttmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:33 AM   #13
Mothering Grace
Registered Users
Formerly: happyinseattle
seller

My Mood:

I guess I just don't get it... I fail to see the need to be confrontational. When a doctor asks you to sign a waiver, they are doing it to protect themselves and their livelihood. Contrary to what a lot of people here seem to believe, I really don't think any of the pediatricians are out to harm your child on purpose.

Of course, if you feel attacked by your pediatrician then you should probably change practices anyway, but I still fail to see the need for trying to "stick it to them" with this waiver.
Mothering Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:06 AM   #14
shanree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This waiver wouldn't be to "stick it to them" it would be to shut them up I don't belive there are any of us here who think docs are trying to purposely harm our children... but many docs are ill informed when it comes to vaccines and are VERY pushy and adament about the children they see being vaccinated. There are many moms on here who have been kicked out of their peds office for refusing to vax.
I don't believe that we should be confrontational all the time either... but MOST mainstream PEDS are confrontaional themselves about this subject and we moms NEED something to fire back with so that they know where we stand and why!
I also don't believe that there is a single PED in the world that would sign this... but that would not be the point of it. The point would be to return their waiver with one of our own to show them how ridiculous they are being.
There are many doctors who will absolutely not leave a mama alone when it comes to vaxxing this would be a much needed reprieve for those mamas because she could say.. "okay, I will vax my children, but only after you provide this information, and sign this.".
And many (me included) are on state funded health care that makes doc choices very limited so you have to see whoever you can and sometimes there is not a single non/delayed vax friendly doc as a possibility!
Thankfully I was finally able to find an old-fashioned Family doc who is great... My children are the only ones he sees at all Everyone else he sees is adults!
JESUS LOVING Wife to Les, Full-Time Mama to Naomi (17) Elijah (11) Ian (8) Jake/Xander/Rachel (7yr old triplets) Aiden (5) and Benjamin (2) ....Homebirthing, EBF, ERF, CD'ing, BW'ing, HS'ing, Co-Sleeping, No-Circ, No Vax, 3 natural VBAC Mama. & now I am a CPST!!!!
shanree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:50 PM   #15
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinseattle View Post
I guess I just don't get it... I fail to see the need to be confrontational. When a doctor asks you to sign a waiver, they are doing it to protect themselves and their livelihood. Contrary to what a lot of people here seem to believe, I really don't think any of the pediatricians are out to harm your child on purpose.

Of course, if you feel attacked by your pediatrician then you should probably change practices anyway, but I still fail to see the need for trying to "stick it to them" with this waiver.
Like I said in the first line of my OP: I get tired of peds wanting me to sign papers stating how I'm harming my child or refusing 'treatment' because we don't vaccinate.

We only have one office in our area that will even see my children b/c they aren't vaccinated. They are very aggressive. I fail to see the need to sign a paper that states we won't vaccinate (the doctor has NO liability there!). Plus, I'm not confrontational, this helps me stand up for my children.

Read about our homeschool journey here.

Last edited by ~Laura~; 01-30-2009 at 07:23 PM.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:51 PM   #16
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenie1023 View Post
Wow, can you post where you found this?? This is great, not silly at all, but in some way brings a little bit of power to the parents who are bullied or told by doctors that vaccines are completely safe or who are asked to sign a waiver. I'm printing it too for our next visit, which is next Tuesday.
I added a link in the OP.

Read about our homeschool journey here.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:08 PM   #17
Mothering Grace
Registered Users
Formerly: happyinseattle
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_Freak_955 View Post
Like I said in the first line of my OP: I get tired of peds wanting me to sign papers stating how I'm harming my child or refusing 'treatment' because we don't vaccinate.

We have one office that will even see my children b/c they aren't vaccinated. They are very aggressive. I fail to see the need to sign a paper that states we won't vaccinate (the doctor has NO liability there!). Plus, I'm not confrontational, this helps me stand up for my children.
In this day and age and with such a litigious society, I can certainly understand a pediatrician wanting it "signed off" if you decide not to vaccinate, and I really don't see why you would have a problem doing so. I was perfectly willing to sign a form saying I understood what I was doing when I refused the hep B vaccine at birth.

And perhaps you do not mean to be confrontational... but I can certainly understand where it could come off as being confrontational if you were to wave this in front of a doctor's face. I guess I just don't understand what benefit it will bring--it's not going to change anything from the doctor's standpoint and it's unlikely to really help you either. And in general I am in favor of a lot of "non-standard" health practices, but I guess I just feel like you get more bees with honey, so to speak.
Mothering Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #18
bugnbear
Registered Users
seller
seller

Shanree
bugnbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:15 PM   #19
Fairychilde
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for sharing
Old 01-30-2009, 01:17 PM   #20
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love it! Although if I tried to pull that off with any military doctor and word got back to The Hubby he'd divorce me
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote