Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #21
Elena"s Mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Vaccine Safety Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanree View Post
This waiver wouldn't be to "stick it to them" it would be to shut them up I don't belive there are any of us here who think docs are trying to purposely harm our children... but many docs are ill informed when it comes to vaccines and are VERY pushy and adament about the children they see being vaccinated. There are many moms on here who have been kicked out of their peds office for refusing to vax.

Advertisement

Elena"s Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #22
Ahavati
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do have to sign a paper saying I declined the vaccines. But our pedi is great. She is fine with us not wanting to vax.

But I agree, that would shut them up LOL.

Need Scentsy? www.heavenlysweetscents.com
Ahavati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:20 PM   #23
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah theyd have to be stupid to actually sign it...but then imo thats what theyre doing by giving the shots, saying that they think theyre perfectly safe.
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:35 PM   #24
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinseattle View Post
In this day and age and with such a litigious society, I can certainly understand a pediatrician wanting it "signed off" if you decide not to vaccinate, and I really don't see why you would have a problem doing so. I was perfectly willing to sign a form saying I understood what I was doing when I refused the hep B vaccine at birth.

And perhaps you do not mean to be confrontational... but I can certainly understand where it could come off as being confrontational if you were to wave this in front of a doctor's face. I guess I just don't understand what benefit it will bring--it's not going to change anything from the doctor's standpoint and it's unlikely to really help you either. And in general I am in favor of a lot of "non-standard" health practices, but I guess I just feel like you get more bees with honey, so to speak.
To me, the benefit is not having to stand there and be yelled at by a ped or sign a paper saying I'm harming my child. Instead, I can just say that if you think they're so safe, then sign this document stating what you believe and why. That's what they're asking me to do.
I think parents should have to sign a form in order to get vaccines, stating that they read the pamphlet and ingredients list and that they fully understand the decision, just like with any other 'procedure'.
BTW, please read the AAP waiver. They can come back to bite you if you sign them.

Read about our homeschool journey here.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:42 AM   #25
christypjb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Absolutley Awesome!
Old 01-31-2009, 11:47 AM   #26
soblessed2bmama
Registered Users
Formerly: Motherhood Essentials
seller

That's great! Thankfully our ped (who we only see once in a blue moon since we don't do routine checkups) is my cousin and knows that I don't vax and doesn't argue with me about it.