Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2009, 05:22 PM   #21
tropicalmom2b
Registered Users
seller

Re: Need book recommendations/advice for non-sleeping/super clingy baby

I would most definitely try a carrier around the house. Maybe by being close to you when in the house, it will make nights easier. DD was very attached emotionally and physically tied on at the age and now is very very independent.

Advertisement

tropicalmom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:31 PM   #22
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie&Jake'sMom View Post
neither of my 2 reflux babies ever had weight issues either. Both gained/gain great.
Ditto this. DS had some pretty bad reflux but I never knew it until he got older. He used to wake every 1.5-2 hours until he was 14 months old because of the reflux.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:54 PM   #23
Leslie Napastuk
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle View Post
I think, I read all the books out there *lol*. I definitely recommend "The Baby Whisperer" and while I don't agree with the writer on many things, it has saved me from not loosing my mind. We are still not there and I haven't followed the plan all the way. I decided to give it a try and I to go all the way to see if DD sleep will improve even more. She's still a horrible sleeper at night but her naps seem to have improved a lot.

Another book I recommend is "No-Cry Sleep Solution". It's a great book but I didn't have enough strength for it because I was too exhausted and tired and I was loosing my mind and needed a quicker fix.

I tried both of these books as well and also prefered the baby whisperer. The one I got was "The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems (by teaching you to ask the right questions)"

By following alot of the ideas in her book my yougest daughter has slept like an angel, until I recently started falling into some bad habits like nursing her in the middle of the night just to get back to sleep when I know she doesn't need it (she's in the high 80 and low 90 percentile). Now whe wakes up twice a night at the same times every night and suckles for a while and goes back to sleep. Re-introducing some of her ideas like the shush-pat have been helping big time. You just need to have some patience to follow the techniques through to the end which is hard when your not getting enough sleep.

The book also talks about behavior and eating issues. I'm pretty sure she had a bit to say about clinging problems.
Good luck and my thoughts are with you.
Leslie Napastuk is offline   Reply With Quote