Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2009, 08:26 AM   #41
majic2lee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How is your diaper station set up? Long post with lots of pictures

Can I PLEASE have your bathroom??? Really, that's a great set-up. I only dream of being able to stay organized like that.

Advertisement

majic2lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:00 AM   #42
Dorothy'smom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudence View Post

Before we bought the garbage pail, my "diaper pail" was just the washing machine. I threw dirty diapers in there throughout the day then in the evening I ran the load.

Simple is good.
I do this too. I fill the washer w/cold water first so they soak=no stains or odors!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:07 AM   #43
Dorothy'smom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I responded to this post in extra fluffy so I thought I would here as well. I'm a neat freak too!

Here is our setup...

Charlotte's stash is kept on a bookshelf in the bathroom and I change her on the Pack n' Play in the living room that has a changing table on it. I keep the wipes and diaper stacker on the pack n play stocked up so all we have to do is grab the clean diaper/cover together each time we change her.

Top of the bookshelf contains bibs, extra clothes & jammies for night time (in case of messes), doublers, fleece & flushable liners, and cloth wipes. First shelf contains covers (PUL, fleece, & wool), preemie prefolds, and dyed flats. We also have a BG diaper sprayer in this bathroom. It is right across the hall from the washer, which we use as a wet pail. I love this method! Dipes never come out stained .

Second shelf contains KLO's, various girly fitteds, various pocket dipes, embellished infant prefolds, and small wool longies. Third shelf contains various homemade and me-made fitteds, Kissaluvs Contours, and Sweet Cheeks fitteds (sewn in small position). Bottom shelf (not individually pictured) has receiving blankets, burp rags, and changing pads.

Dorothy has been out of cloth, but I have been able to build up somewhat of a large stash... still really need some more fitteds and would love to get some trainers, but we can't afford more dipes right now. I'm hoping to start using cloth on her again really soon. I keep her stash in the changing table in her room.

First drawer contains cloth wipes, fleece & flushable liners, and doublers.

Second drawer contains PUL covers, babylegs, and wetbags. Last night I stuffed and put in all my coolababy pockets and she's back in cloth (just for home right now)!! So the 2 drawers got condensed into the top one and the bottom drawer is full of pockets.

Top shelf contains changing pads, sposie wipes, sposies, and pullups (for daycare). Bottom shelf contains various fitteds and prefolds.

I also use bins for storage. One large bin for each size of clothing and diapers and one small bin for each size of shoes. They are kept in the girls' closet. It works really well for us and keeps things under control!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:53 AM   #44
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:

OP, your set up is so nice. I wish I had space like that. My house is very tiny and my bathroom is super mini. Here is my station:

I have a sprayer in the bathroom & a hanging wet bag on the back of the bathroom door. I wash every other day. Mine is nothing fancy, but it works great.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:18 AM   #45
mommyfrog
Registered Users

I actually have had dreams about cloth diapering in a bathroom I used to have. It had about 6 feet of counter, with cabinets underneath and a mirror above it (so the baby could watch himself and be entertained), that I kept the baby bath on and all the bath stuff. I didn't use much cloth then, so didn't think how handy that would have been for a changing station, even though I kept the diaper pail in there for sposies. Anyway, I had a dream of having that bathroom in this house where we have tiny little bathrooms (except the one between my oldest ds' bedrooms which is always and to far away). I had all the cloth organized in the cabinets and a changing pad on the counter....it was beautiful!! But back to reality....I have a tall cabinet in the corner. The top shelf is the bath stuff..wash cloths, baby shampoo, lotion, his toothbrush, booger sucker, and stuff like that. The second shelf is the night time dipes, which are all prestuffed pockets. The third shelf is the wipes, warmer of water, and cloth nose wipers. The bottom shelf is my good prefolds and flats. The cabinet underneath is my back up prefolds and flats, extra changing table covers, and other various things. Between the shelf and changing table is a trash can. Then comes the changer. I have three baskets on each shelf. Top shelf is PUL/nylon covers, fitteds, fitteds. The bottom shelf is extra pocket stuffers, extra pocket stuffers, other stuff (like my nieces dipes and pocket trainers). Next is my $4 Walmart trash can with a lid diaper pail. Above the table, I hung a little clothes line on the wall with clothes pins to hang his wool. 5-6 pairs can hang there, which is all he has. Any extra pins are put in a pair to make them easy to push through the dipes and the snappi hangs off the hook on the end of it. That's it. Yes, I do have an excessive amount of stuffers (about 60, I think ). I got them off Freecycle and I'm in the process of making more pocket diapers for my ds and two nieces.
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:31 PM   #46
Prudence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You have a beautiful stash, Becci! Thanks for sharing.
Prudence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:40 PM   #47
ashenflower
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awesome thread! I'm an organization nut, too, and I love seeing how others store and organize things!
ashenflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:40 PM   #48
mamalink4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I might have to come back here and post some pics of my diaper station that is finally in order and completed! You made me feel so much better about my anal organization of my diapering supplies!! Thanks mama!
Old 02-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #49
Stacy'n'Kids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL! I've met my match!!!!

Here's my diaper storage

I have wipes solution, balm, lanolin, wool wash in one bin
Wipes in another
Wool covers
Hemp inserts/doublers
Bamboo doublers
Microfiber doublers
PUL covers
AIOs in 2
Fitteds
AIOs for Daddy to grab
Favorite fitteds

Then in my laundry room, I have it super-organized because it's such a small space!

There are dirty laundry baskets for: Whites, Colors, Darks
Plus a separate one for DH's work clothes, and then one for diapers.
I have a hanging rack right next to the dryer, so when my semi-dry diapers come out of the dryer, I can hang them on hangers easily.

For clean laundry, as it comes out of the dryer, I organize it into laundry baskets.

One for my daughter, one for my older son, one for DH, one for me
One for pajamas for the kids
One for underwear and socks
One for towels
One for baby laundry
One for baby blankets
One for baby bedding
Stacy'n'Kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #50
mamyac
Registered Users
seller
seller

You rock. Great advice too, thanks.

Check out Heartsy, a fabulous new daily deals site where you can save a ton on amazing handmade designer items from Etsy. Seriously this is my new addiction. Handmade cheap!
mamyac is offline   Reply With Quote