Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2009, 09:47 PM   #1
carnalcindd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Why Keep My Fitteds?

I will admit that I go through phases. I have tried every kind of diaper out there. I seem to have settled into a basic stash of prefolds. That is what I use daily, and I trifold into covers for dh and my mom to use. They seem to be OK with that too. I love the simplicity of washing them, and I can't ruin them. I don't have to worry about elastic or buildup on fleece.

I have some fitteds that I got for dd (nb) and some that I saved from ds for when dd is bigger. I just remember the ebf poo and not being able to contain it with ds. We switched to all pfs after he started solids. So far, I have only been using pfs with dd, but she is under 2 weeks, and her poos aren't that explosive yet.

Should I hang onto the fitteds? Can I do it with pfs alone?

Advertisement

Old 02-01-2009, 09:48 PM   #2
import_the_best
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Why Keep My Fitteds?

i LOVE the fitteds for containing EBF!!!! I'm just not a big PF girl though! i have 3!!
Will be around from time to time
import_the_best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #3
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You know what I just discovered? Prefitteds.. I seriously love them. That said, I'd hold onto them a bit longer in case the pfs don't keep working. I have had great luck with my pfs though.
Cautiously expecting number 5 in October
kymdenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:20 PM   #4
mama a llama
Registered Users
seller

If they will probably fit as a toddler, I might hang on to them. Or get pfs converted to prefitteds. I diapered my first child with pfs exclusively, and it worked great. She was very patient with diaper changes. Child number 2 and child #3 are much less patient and I'm kinda tearing my hair out trying to get pfs on them. I'm researching fitteds now.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:25 AM   #5
carnalcindd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had all my pfs converted to prefitteds at one point and i have since sold all those. not a big fan...love the basics of a pf
Old 02-02-2009, 07:33 AM   #6
happyhedgehog
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i would sell them. but that is me, i cannot stand to have stuff around the house. my dh really wants to shot me because i tend to get rid of things as soon as i think we do not need them. he on the other hand is a pack rat so i have to be this way or we would live in a mess of things.

i just think, and this is from some one who has cloth dipperd a stuffed animal but not a real human, once you find something that works for you then that is really what you are going to use. there just would not be a need to keep the fitteds if you were not going to use them.

sorry for no caps my shift key broke this am.
happyhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:35 AM   #7
carnalcindd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhedgehog View Post
i would sell them. but that is me, i cannot stand to have stuff around the house. my dh really wants to shot me because i tend to get rid of things as soon as i think we do not need them. he on the other hand is a pack rat so i have to be this way or we would live in a mess of things.

i just think, and this is from some one who has cloth dipperd a stuffed animal but not a real human, once you find something that works for you then that is really what you are going to use. there just would not be a need to keep the fitteds if you were not going to use them.

sorry for no caps my shift key broke this am.
lol, that sounds like me and dh. caps, what are those?
Old 02-02-2009, 07:56 AM   #8
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hmm I would say "sell" in a heartbeat...simply because I have used PF's with DD through all the EBF explosive poops and they do a GREAT job at containing messes once you know what you are doing folding them, and you have experience so that shouldn't be an issue

That said, it is still kinda early for you to determine what ultimately works for you. What kind/amount/size of fitteds are we talking about? If they are all newborn then I'd sell....they fit for such a short time, and right now the PFs are working for you (and this is the time when you'd USE them).

If it were me I'd sell them and use the PFs...but on the other hand, you might want to even hold onto them for a month (unless finances is the reason for selling, then sell now) HTH
Old 02-02-2009, 08:21 AM   #9
carnalcindd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i think i may sell the kl0s since i never use them and they wont fit long.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:39 AM   #10
maman08
Registered Users
seller

I would vote sell, but I don't particularly like fitteds so I might be biased. I did have a lot of PUL covers that needed to be washed when DS's poo escaped the pfs, but I feel like next time around I'll be better at folding and maybe I'll have a better success rate.

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote