Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2009, 07:54 AM   #11
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Engorgement and bloody.... can i cry now?

Thanks y'all. I wish it wasn't so cold here or I'd be all over doing some National Geographic outside

Things are a little better today--I'm back in the shells. Turns out block feeding only works when your child isn't going through a mega-nursing frenzy. We nursed on both sides practically all night. WE're still having TONS of poop and wet diapers (I think EVERY diaper yesterday had some sort of movement in it).. so I think we're still on the right track! Tomorrow we go to see his pediatrician to see how weight is working out. He was down to a petite 9 lbs 7 oz (from 10 lbs .09 oz at birth).

Advertisement

Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:36 PM   #12
braxis03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

AIR!! Everyone's been telling you that, but it's the best. My midwife also told me to not use the lanolin and to pop a vit E and put it on my nipples to help them heal faster. It seemed to help. But I def walked around with boobies flapping in the wind for a week or so! My left nipple cracked so far open it was like the grand canyon! And then to top it all off I got a breast infection in that same breast! What we go through in the name of EBF Hang in there it can only get better from here.
braxis03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #13
braxis03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I forgot to tell you to put the vit E on both nipple at the same time so that they both taste the same and he doesn't start to prefer on side over the other. I feel your pain with the 10lb baby!! Yours was even bigger than mine! My daughter was 10lbs and I just had my first HB! What an awesome experience, but WOW 10lbs was quite big baby for first natural birth
braxis03 is offline   Reply With Quote