Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-06-2009, 02:51 AM   #191
Registered Users
Re: Back to Basics Babes, It be Thursday!

Originally Posted by beck2boys1girl View Post
My goodness I want to scream.....this will be another day of nothing getting done....all because SOMEONE at church on Sunday decided to bring her kid with a green snotty nose....There are 5 count em 5 people sick from that now...including the 2 nursery workers.....

Now that little vent kept me from being mad at the baby-who doesn't feel good and wants to whine and pretend to nurse.....and from being mad that I don't even have my basic chores done today...or that I only get something cut out and then he wakes up or whines and I have to quit...

And why must I sit here for hours on end to even find a Goodmama that isn't pink

I get unreasonably angry when DS picks up a cold from people, so I totally understand.

Jennifer, for you and your DS. I don't really have constructive advice to offer since my DS is still way too young for those sorts of issues to be showing up yet and I was a total anal-retentive people-pleasing rule-follower when I was a kid, but I do hope you're able to find a way to help your DS deal better in school.

Originally Posted by mom2piddle View Post
anyone know how much interlock fabric is? I wanted some interlock soakers/shorties/skirties but they are sooo out of my non exsistant I thouhgt maybe if the material wasn't too much and if I find out where to get me some...I could just make the baby a few! And a few "samples" if I can master my machine I'm gonna work on some fleece stuff this weekend...
I don't have any idea, but Shirley (mamazluv) makes interlock soakers, so I'm sure she would probably have some good insight into where to find interlock fabric at reasonable prices.

Originally Posted by Lisathena View Post
Ok ladies i requsted to be in the WAHM thread. I am going to open a customs kid aprons, adult aprons and lined and unlined totes. Please help me come up w/ a clever name!!!
Creative juices not yet flowing today (DS was up THREE TIMES last night, and I got a random creepy-man wrong number call in the middle of the night to boot) but I'm excited for you!

Originally Posted by kaoh View Post

Oh my. That wool is awesome, and something about a pile of new, unprepped pfs just makes my heart go pitter-patter. Yes, I am that much of a dork.

Originally Posted by momma2Mimi07 View Post
okay so can we do stash pics again next week... Or maybe sunday... I can play this time!
Yeah, let's do it again next week! I'm hoping the dyed pfs I traded for get here this week, and then other than the flats that won't be here for several weeks my stash will be complete.

Sarah, those pics of your DS are so cute!

And Sara (smaccalaska), I hear you on DS discovering himself. Every time I take Stephen's diaper off, his hands go straight for his "junk," and if I've given him a toy to play with while I change him he tries to put whatever it is on "himself." It got a little ugly when he managed to throw the stuffed pig I had given him to play with onto his "boys" before I had managed to wipe up all the poo one change.

Heidi - SAHM to S (03/2008) N (06/2010), and S (06/2012), married to my best friend. FS: FB trainers (small), Tucker sling, breastfeeding paraphernalia, Baby Bjorn Air

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote