Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2009, 06:46 AM   #1
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
BSRB Chatter Weekend Edition

Good morning ladies! I am in some kind of parallel universe where Howie is STILL sleeping. Usually he's the first one up in the whole house. I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts

What is everyone up to this weekend?

Ok, off to post before someone else starts a thread. I'll be back!

Advertisement

Everyday Gourmet with Jennifer Grady Mallowes
aranel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:50 AM   #2
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: BSRB Chatter Weekend Edition

Morning!

I am not sure what we are doing this weekend...maybe some cleaning and some talking about finances etc and buying houses and such...we are looking to buy mid-march-ish so we need to figure out the logistics, we cant sell this place with this much stuff in it (we have a LOT of stuff "junk") so we either have to buy another place first THEN sell this place *or* maybe put a bunch of stuff in storage or something...not sure how its gonna work.

DS also woke up funny today...no fever but he was just laying in bed, got up, made it halfway down the hall and laid down in the hall...then wanted me to put him back in bed so I did

Not sure if he is sick (again?!) or just overtired or what...trying to get him to eat and/or drink to see if that helps.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:56 AM   #3
Jordan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning mamas! Lots to do today. I think my dad is coming over tomorrow and my house is a wreck. Cody room, bathroom, and floors all need cleaning.

Shannon- I think I would sell the house your in now before buying. Even if you had to do some major decluttering and maybe even storage. It could take a long time to sell with the market so bad. We are considering putting our house up for sale again this summer by owner. We listed it last summer and had it sold in 2 weeks. The buyers backed out of the contract on us at the last minute. Thankfully we hadn't started building our new house yet.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:01 AM   #4
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Morning mamas! Lots to do today. I think my dad is coming over tomorrow and my house is a wreck. Cody room, bathroom, and floors all need cleaning.

Shannon- I think I would sell the house your in now before buying. Even if you had to do some major decluttering and maybe even storage. It could take a long time to sell with the market so bad. We are considering putting our house up for sale again this summer by owner. We listed it last summer and had it sold in 2 weeks. The buyers backed out of the contract on us at the last minute. Thankfully we hadn't started building our new house yet.
Yea we are in a unique situation though because a lot of people are looking to downsize into something the size/ price range we are selling and looking to sell stuff the size/price range we are looking in.

The other problem is this place needs some stuff done (paint, patched holes etc) that would require moving a whole mess of stuff (we are talking living room) and I just dont see how thats possible with the kids here...we dont have any other space to put them during the day so I dunno.

We are also giving thought to moving into a new house, fixing up this one and then renting it out while it is on the market so that way at least we can pay the mortgage with the rental $$...we were paying $40 a month less in rent just down the road for a house with one less bedroom and one less bathroom...

I dunno, lots of logistics
Old 02-07-2009, 07:12 AM   #5
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

good morning ladies
my friend navy wife just had to move across country nadn they would have lost money if they sold so they are renting with the help of an angency that collects payments and such and it pays theri whole mortgage so yeah definately something to consider
the market drives me crazy everyday becasue we are one of those people in an upside down mortgage and i really wanted to sell to move back to the west coast and theris nooo way i feel trapped by this house not a good feeling
Old 02-07-2009, 07:13 AM   #6
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jordan
sounds nice to build your own home

hope things really improve in the market for us
Old 02-07-2009, 07:18 AM   #7
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yuck Maya, I am sorry you are feeling so trapped. Thats no fun at all. Seems like there are a lot of upside down mortgage people these days. I hope it improves soon!

I only feel trapped in the total lack of space sense. There is no basement and functionally its only a two bedroom with no basement....the amount of junk my husband has that he refuses to get rid of is out of control.

If we had a basement we could make it work but just isn't space. Plus when DD gets into a toddler bed she would have to move into DSs room because the room she is in now (with her crib) is *totally* unsafe for a child to be in unless they are contained.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:24 AM   #8
Jordan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2BabiesA&I View Post
Yea we are in a unique situation though because a lot of people are looking to downsize into something the size/ price range we are selling and looking to sell stuff the size/price range we are looking in.

The other problem is this place needs some stuff done (paint, patched holes etc) that would require moving a whole mess of stuff (we are talking living room) and I just dont see how thats possible with the kids here...we dont have any other space to put them during the day so I dunno.

We are also giving thought to moving into a new house, fixing up this one and then renting it out while it is on the market so that way at least we can pay the mortgage with the rental $$...we were paying $40 a month less in rent just down the road for a house with one less bedroom and one less bathroom...

I dunno, lots of logistics
I completely understand. I'd like to paint too, but there is no way with 2 kids running around. the paint isn't bad at all but you know, just grungy or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyshanti View Post
Jordan
sounds nice to build your own home

hope things really improve in the market for us
I guess we are in a good situation to build our own house. FIL and DH built the IL's house. FIL is a roofer with lots of friends and other family members who are in the construction business. Dh actually built our over-sized 2 car garage on our house we are in now. Get got in on this house when it was still being built 4 years ago so we got to pick all the paint, floors, cabinets, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2BabiesA&I View Post
Yuck Maya, I am sorry you are feeling so trapped. Thats no fun at all. Seems like there are a lot of upside down mortgage people these days. I hope it improves soon!

I only feel trapped in the total lack of space sense. There is no basement and functionally its only a two bedroom with no basement....the amount of junk my husband has that he refuses to get rid of is out of control.

If we had a basement we could make it work but just isn't space. Plus when DD gets into a toddler bed she would have to move into DSs room because the room she is in now (with her crib) is *totally* unsafe for a child to be in unless they are contained.
I feel so trapped by lack of space too! We have a family room, kitchen, laundry, 2 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms and I really need a office/sewing area. Right now now, the computer is in the family room and I sew at the kitchen table.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:25 AM   #9
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

To do today:

Local CD shop for a couple of thirsties covers, small fits but not very well, need a medium now
PO to ship off some diapers I sold
Dust, I cant handle the amount of dust in this house right now!
Vacuum
Mop
Catboxes
Bathrooms

I would also *like* to clean the baseboards and clean up all the cobwebs, I need to figure out how to clean the ones that are 20 feet up at the bottom of the stairs...we havent got a ladder that high and even 6'4 DH on top of the ladder with all the vac extensions wont reach it..if I have to walk down the stairs and stare at those much longer I could very well lose my mind.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:26 AM   #10
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks Shannon it will get better eventually its just the not knnwoing
im weird i actually want a smaller place ive always lived in apartments so living in a house with 2 stories under 2000sf so not huge by anyones standards but is huge to me
next time defiantely getting rambler or something 1 story
i just need better layout and of course to live by family this is our 1st home but feel like i cant even share it i a huge yard for bbq's swing set for kids porch on the front to hang out but no friends or family here to share it with
i go into a fit almost weekly my poor man its not his fault but both of our families are on the west coast.
I was raised with my grandma and aunts and uncles everyone in the same city so having my kids not know them and just visit in the summer is difficult for me i feel like their missing so much and we are the only ones that dont live theri so im the long distance auntie that their kids dont know either
ok ill stop