Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2009, 07:58 AM   #11
carnalcindd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: B2B - Back to Basics Monday

mornin! We still haven't left the house just the 3 of us, but my mom was here this weekend, so we got groceries. The first time DD was out in public besides the Dr. She slept the whole time in the new wrap.

wotb: ds gmd rainbow short with thristies newborn pf as a doubler covered by sbish soaker and fleece mama made longies
dd: infant pf (that i love and dont know what brand it is) covered with a pink thirsties cover.

vday - nothing for the kids, dont know bout dh and i yet, but i got my mom a gift since she has been soooo helpful since dd was born.

Advertisement

Old 02-09-2009, 08:01 AM   #12
carnalcindd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazluv View Post
dd was screaming like she was dying.... she was snappied to the chair....

anyone want to help me do an internet search? pm if you do....
LOL!
Old 02-09-2009, 08:04 AM   #13
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wotb- GMD red snappied with wool longies. Today is diaper washing day. There is a load of whites that I washed this morning in the washer, and a load of darks in the dryer to come out but I just know if I bend over my head will pound..so for now everything is staying where it is. I have lots of diapers and if they dont get done until tonight thats ok
Old 02-09-2009, 08:10 AM   #14
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazluv View Post
dd was screaming like she was dying.... she was snappied to the chair....

anyone want to help me do an internet search? pm if you do....
That's happened to dd here too. It's terrible that it's so funny isn't it.

]
Old 02-09-2009, 08:15 AM   #15
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok so I may as well post an agenda to try to keep accountable on today; which is turning out to be a killer day :/

- make valentines day craft with LG; maybe 2 depending when she wakes up
- try to fold at least a little of the laundry dh and I washed yesterday; its in a mountain on the couch, with 2 loads to still go
- diaper laundry...regular wash, then going to soak the 18 gmd light browns in bleach again they are smelling better but still ammonia on them; some worse then others. I think that I need to put more bleach (used like 2 tablespoons in the washer lol) and do longer soak....then will rewash them and rinse a few extra times.
- try to make something for supper
- wash a few dishes....DH washed most of them yesterday, but there are pots/etc. left plus what we used yesterday for supper and we are right at the edge of "too much" so that it looks overwhelming....mamas without a dishwasher know what I mean lol

DH is home around 2:15 so that is going to help
Old 02-09-2009, 08:17 AM   #16
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't feel good today. I'm going to do as little as possible. Hope everybody has a good day!
Old 02-09-2009, 08:24 AM   #17
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrapy View Post
from yesterday:
I can completely understand about the red tape and adoptions for kids who need them. My dh and I wanted to adopt from his country - the system has no money and most money in gets pocketed not in pockets to care for them, kids dont have anyone to adopt them, the country has little to no opportunities for them ever in life, language obviously not an issue either here - it could be done however (probably) in our case - it would take about 5 years of living there ...... that though would be a big struggle just because unemployment is 40%
Sorry about the PLing frustrations...I'm glad I have a while before I even have to think about that with DS.

On the adoption...yeah. Afghan law prohibits adoption by anyone who's not a blood relative (and especially non-Muslims), you can get "guardianship," which is somewhere between foster parent status and adoption, but according to U.S. immigration it's not a strong enough relationship for us (or any U.S. cit) to sponsor the child for U.S. citizenship or a visa. So basically if we wanted to live in Afghanistan forever we could foster parent a kid, but even then if some random remote blood relative ever showed up we'd lose custody immediately. It's just really sad because there are like 1.6 million orphans, and almost no one in that country has enough of anything to consider taking on more kids than they already have, so the kids just sit in the orphanage until they grow up or die of some horrible disease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaMomof3 View Post
I have a headache coming on I just ate a banana (I get headaches when I don't eat) and am about to go take some pills so hopefully it goes away.
I've been fighting a headache all day and I need to go get dinner started but I just want to sit in a dark room and cuddle with DS right now.

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:25 AM   #18
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
I don't feel good today. I'm going to do as little as possible. Hope everybody has a good day!
I hope you feel better soon
Old 02-09-2009, 08:28 AM   #19
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My throat hurts. More. Again. *grumble grumble*

to the other sickos.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:41 AM   #20
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning sickies! Lol i am just kidding i hope you all start to feel better quick like!

WOTA-
Diaper laundry ( sunning too)
Cut/sew small childs apron (post pics )
Make chili. . i wanna do this in the crock pot ..
CLEAN WHOLE HOUSE .. ok not gunna happen, but seriously its a mess. Maybe i will just work on the upstairs today, living room/kitchen area

Wotb- ubcpf snappied under fleece pants i think he needs to poop otherwise it would be wool

I should be getting fluffy mail today i am getting some wool wash beans and a pair of capris i got in a trade . .i still need to mail her end i only want one PO run tho . ..
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote