Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2006, 04:18 PM   #21
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: How to handle negative cding comments?

My mother in law has basically said that it is crazy for anyone to cloth diaper unless your child is allergic to sposies. I made the mistake once of showing her a pair of very cute shorties and she said, "oh that must be so hot," I replied that wool was breatheable and she said, "I don't care I still wouldn't put that on my baby," and I said, "Oh yeah, I forgot you like plastic and chemicals better." I just ended my convo with her there and went back to reading my book. My mom is supportive, so that is all that really matters to me. My mil just doesn't get it, but she also thinks it is a SHAME that my dd doesn't get a bottle and thinks my sling, "makes marks on the baby's legs". Whatever...people like that just irritate me. Next time I am just going to say that we all make choices and I make choices she wouldn't and she made choices with her kids that I wouldn't and leave it at that.

Advertisement

Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 05:35 PM   #22
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

my mom thinks i'm nuts and doesn't think i'll stick to it b/c she swears it will stink to high heaven in here. she said she's been there done that. she did act more interested when i was telling her about the soakers, as soon as i showed her one though she swore it was a dog sweater lol. i tried to explain it to her better though. she's really good at sewing so i've been trying to talk her into making them and then opening a hyena cart, telling her how much some of you will pay for a dipe lol.
as far as the snooty comments, other than my own mothers i haven't gotten any. one lady that i was talking to about brighton (due w/him aug 20) i told i was going to cloth diaper and she was so excited that i made such a good decision, and this was just a lady at walmart!!! we were discussing different ways to save money lol.
i'm kinda with the "why wouldn't i" though.
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 06:20 PM   #23
mommy2zander
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She might have rolled her eyes cause it's neat, fun, cool!! & she's jelous!! A few of my eye rolling relatives now use cloth!! Guess they saw the light!! Good for you for changing the subject & carrying on!!
mommy2zander is offline   Reply With Quote