Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-21-2006, 04:11 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Ready to stop pumping

it sounded as if you thought you needed to go in the bathroom to pump, and thatsd a big reason of why you think you need to stop, and so myslef and i assume others were trying to help trying to figure out how TO help make it so it wasnt a strain to leave your children to go in another room to pump not to insult you or whatever for doing it. if leaving your children to pump was a reason for you to stop, its a helpful thing to try and find out how to help you to not go in another room and feel guilty leaving your children to do it, kwim?

anyway, i wish you with your stopping

Mindy, mommy to a very adorablelittle guy! , my UC'd baby boy!& my brand new UC'd baby GIRL
I love my babies!
Need money?
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:55 PM   #12
Registered Users

I too am a pumper. DD is 8 months and I can pump in the family room with her. A friend of a friend just gave up pumping for her second child because her oldest would walk around making pumping noises and gestures. She also got freaked out when she could see it was uncomfortable for her mom.
I can understand your needing to stop.
A good friend of mine (and a nurse) swears by the cabbage leaves. She used it to stop both of her pumping times.
roocraw4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:29 PM   #13
Arrow Re: Ready to stop pumping

to you momma for pumping this long. With my ds (10 years ago), he was born w/ a hole in his lung and was in the NICU and I didnt put forth the effort to bf him and he was a horrible latcher... I pumped for six months solid and then got really sick of it. What I did was continue to pump once or twice a day and sup w/ formula. I still felt good about giving him bobby milk, but it wasn't consuming my ENTIRE day. Whateveryou decide t do, start off low and hugs to you..... cabbage leafs work GREAT btw....

Originally Posted by wfhmom View Post
Hi Ladies:

I don't BF, but have pumped since Grant was born. That's all he has ever had is BM. I am wanting to stop as Gaven is put aside when I'm in the bathroom every 4 hours or so and now that Grant's awake more, I feel they are both left alone for a while and it breaks my heart I've battled lumps, bumps, engorgement etc. almost the whole time and I just find myself crabby throughout the day and I don't want that for my boys.

So...........Can anybody give me advice on how to stop without a TON or pain or problems?! Anybody gone cold turkey (not a good idea?)

I would appreciate any ideas/remidies to help me dry up.

I am having a hard time with this because I feel like a bad mom quitting, but I feel deep down it's what's best all around at this point.

Thanks Ladies
crunchymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:41 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

I know how pumping can be a chore and I bf my 2 ds. I had to pump for work and it is a lot of work.
I would go about slowly increasing the number of hours between pumps. That will help your body get used to producing less and less.
loni1090 is offline   Reply With Quote