Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2009, 07:30 AM   #11
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: BSRB Tuesday - YES its 4am..

Oh, Shannon---SS you were up at 4am posting to the thread! I hope you're feeling better soon.
Jess--I hope you're feeling better soon, too.
to you both.

Heading out to the grocery store in a few. I dread it. However, C usually has a good time checking everything out from the shopping cart.

You all talking about dinner made me realize I have no idea what to make. I hope something comes to me when I'm in the store. I'll probably just get a roast of some sort to throw in the beloved crock pot. I can't wait to see other crock pot recipes. I need more to add to my arsenal of menu items.
I am making a big tray of baked ziti w/meatballs and sausage for the guy who drives DH to work. He got married in early December and his wife has been in the hospital since their honeymoon. She's been in and out of an induced coma and they are talking about long-term care for her next. It's so sad, and she's not even 30 years old. So, we thought it would be nice to cook something up for the guy since he spends every night after work by her bed in the hospital.

Anyway...off to finish breakfast and get out to the store.
BBL.

Advertisement

mrsdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:34 AM   #12
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think I am making this for dinner: I wanted to put apple juice in it too but I don't have any...

Crockpot Pork Tenderloin with Apples

1 package pork tenderloin, about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds

1 large (or 2 small) Granny Smith apple, chopped

1/4 cup applesauce (regular or cinnamon style)

1 bunch green onions with about 3 inches of green tops, slice thinly

1 tablespoon brown sugar

1 tablespoon cider vinegar (or balsamic vinegar)

Preparation:

Trim excess fat from the pork.

Place whole tenderloin in the crock pot with the remaining ingredients, mixing to combine.

Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours or high for 4 hours
Old 02-10-2009, 07:34 AM   #13
pennybelly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2BabiesA&I View Post
That looks really tasty Jess! I think I might make it with buttermilk though, I am not a big gravy fan. Is it the same amount of buttermilk? Wouldn't it separate in the crockpot for that long?
i'm not sure. i've never made it with buttermilk
Old 02-10-2009, 07:45 AM   #14
Nettie29
Registered Users
seller

Big big hugs to all of you mamas who are not feeling well.

When we go see the family for the weekend, we usually use sposies. In terms of functioning without a sprayer, another option is those disposable liners. They're super cheap, biodegradable and make poopie changes *very* easy.

Getting ready for another play date. Making blueberry banana bread and brewing some coffee for the mamas. Hopefully we'll have some time to enjoy it. My DD and the kid who is coming are very... um... rambunctious together, so I hope it goes well!

BBL...

Annette
Old 02-10-2009, 07:46 AM   #15
Nettie29
Registered Users
seller

Di - I love the new avi. Catie is cute, cute, cute!
Old 02-10-2009, 07:49 AM   #16
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettie29 View Post
Di - I love the new avi. Catie is cute, cute, cute!
Thanks, Annette!

Oh, I forgot to add about the sprayer...I don't have one. I use fleece liners in all diapers and the majority of the poo rolls right off when I shake. Now the poo here is totally solid, but when C was younger and it was more messy, I would swish extra to get the stickies off. Again, most of it was on the fleece liner, and they wash soooo easily.

Last edited by mrsdi; 02-10-2009 at 07:50 AM. Reason: typo
mrsdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:50 AM   #17
starla79
Registered Users
seller

Morning. I got my MCZ in the mail yesterday (woo hoo for fast shipping), but D didn't need a diaper change until later so i just threw it in the wash with the rest of the diapers. The print is nifty, I really like it now... i didn't like it before and then it kind of grew on me until i was like, okay, i need one of these now. I still swear i'm going to list a couple diapers, i just need to get off my lazy butt and take pictures and get them up.

Last night was... eh. D fought going to sleep for quite a while... finally conked out around 8? 8:30? And I went to bed at 9:30, so when he woke up at 12:30 to eat i actually had a few hours of sleep under my belt. Which made it much more tolerable when he woke up at 2:30, and then 3:30 and decided it was party time. He was probably up for a little while before then... just being fairly quiet. So i nursed him and Rob put him in his crib and came back to bed... we dozed on and off for about an hour (he was being so quiet! I couldn't believe it!) and then he started to throw a fit because oh yeah, it's the middle of the night and i'm tired. So he finally went back down at about 5, and then slept until 7:30. So at least i got two longer stretches of sleep and i don't feel too bad this morning.

Alaina, two words: Poo liners. I like the imse vimse ones. It'll catch 95-100% of the poo, and you can just flush them away. I wash the pee ones with the diapers and reuse them a few times, too.
I'm Megan, Rob is my husband, Draven is my boy, born 3/14/08. Expecting #2 in early March. Where have all the BSRBs gone?
starla79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:07 AM   #18
MegsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning ladies.
Hope all you sick mamas get to feeling better

I don't have a sprayer..I just dunk and swish. I never ever thought I would od that, but I guess it comes w/ the mom territory. Now, my mom is the master dunker..those babies are soo clean. She is old school cloth diaper mama though...no sprayers, gerber prefold and pins.

I made some of my own fleece liners...they work great when we are out and away from home base.

Just working away here at work. All your recipes sound good...off to get breakfast here.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:16 AM   #19
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Why do I want to wean my baby girl so badly?! I made it to 14 months with DS...she deserves at least that much... *pout*
Old 02-10-2009, 08:18 AM   #20
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

GOOD "DRY" MORNING!!!

I am in with my TIAN!!! Mia slept ALL night woke up pretty wet, but NOT drippy! I think once they are washed a few times they will absorb more! The fit is great too! I REALLY Like them! I am gonna get 2 more!
I'll be here off and on today we are gonna go file our taxes and then go look at furniture, and THANKS for the reciepe that sounds So yummy I am gonna get the stuff for it tonight to have tomorrow!

to all the sick mommas and babies! FEEL Better VERY Soon!
We dont have a sprayer Mia has fairly solid poop now so it usually just plops off in the toilet, but when it is a sticky poop I just pull the shower head down and spray it like a mad women... If it is STILL really bad I soak it in my "wet" pail down in the basement until wash day and I change the water every day (I am paronoid about stains). other wise we just put it in the Hanging Pail.

Travel with CDs: We have gone as far as camping with our CDs... And at the time I was still fairly new in the CD world and Just had a Clear Garbage bag that I put all the diapers in, and left them in the bed of my dads truck with a small tarpe over them... Worked great for the time, now THIS year Mia will most likely PL but I plan on Just bringing my hanging pail from Goodmama with us, and ALL my diapers that I will need as there isn't a washer or dryer... When we visit family up north there is a washer and dryer but they have REALLy weird water and so I wouldn't trust it with my diapers so I will bring almost all of my stash cause we stay for a week and I have atleast half a weeks worth of diapers now and I will I'm sure have more by then lol! But like I said DD is proboly going to PL this summer So I don't need as many diapers to travel if this happens!
Expecting Sweet Baby#3 in Early May
momma2Mimi07 is offline   Reply With Quote