Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
capizzi0's Avatar
Registered Users
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 2,632
My Mood:
Exclamation nipple infection... which doctor do I go see?

This is probably a really stupid question but I wasn't sure who's territory it is. I have some kind of nipple infection. Running a fever, red nipple, sore, etc. I think it may be an infected milk blister. So who I am supposed to go see about this- pediatrician, obgyn, or regular doctor (which I don't even have)? Thanks in advance!


Courtney, mama to Liam (10/08) & Grant (10/12)
capizzi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:38 AM   #2
p3nickel6's Avatar
Registered Users
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 156
Re: nipple infection... which doctor do I go see?

I actually asked my OB about this the last time I was there and he said that I could either go to him or my primary care doctor... whoever I am more comfortable with. I would call your OB. Fortunately my OB also has a midwife on duty, so I get a lot of bang for my buck! If it's something you think you are sharing with your LO, maybe call the pedi as well, just to at least give a heads up. Our pedi is awesome about answering questions over the phone. HTH!
First time Mom to Abigail, born 9-5-08!
I'm knitting my own wool goodies... check me out on Ravelry!
p3nickel6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC. All Rights Reserved.