Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2009, 03:24 PM   #1
c2afwife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Double Jogging Stroller?

Okay...I am on the search for a good double jogging stroller. Before ANY of you suggest a BOB or something that is $300-$600+ I am NOT going to spend that much on a stroller! I am looking for one that has a swivel wheel (lockable would be nice), something that can fit through doors/etc at the mall, and can work with a 3 year old and a 10 month old +. My kids are on the small side....both for height and weight. I am mostly going to be using the stroller for walks/power walks and going to places like Disneyland and/or the mall. These are the two I'm thinking about:

Instep safari swivel double jogging stroller: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

Baby Trend Double Jogging Stroller with Swivel Wheel: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2796629

Does anyone have any experience with these strollers or can anyone suggest one that fits what I'm looking for?

Advertisement

Last edited by c2afwife; 02-09-2009 at 07:08 PM.
c2afwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #2
prd2CD
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Double Jogging Stroller?

sorry..i'm no help. i paid $399 on happymothers.com for my double jogger ....but it was worth it.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:13 PM   #3
martimeCDnewbie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a BOB single stroller but i got ours for bartering photgraphy services..Otherwise we couldn't have afforded it! I will say that you should deffinitley get one with a wheel that locks..if you are going fast and the wheel decides to go one way...if it isn't locked it could be a bad situation. I never thought about that when we got ours. Ours is however not swivel..and i thought it might be annoying but its great! Jogging stroller are such a treat compared to our regular one!
Old 02-09-2009, 06:14 PM   #4
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

I have the instep double jogging stroller and I absolutely love it! I don't have any experience with the more expensive joggers, but this one is fantastic. It rides really well. It fits through most doors. It's easy to open and close. I keep a small twin umbrella for running errands, but I love the jogger for walks and such.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:01 AM   #5
c2afwife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
I have the instep double jogging stroller and I absolutely love it! I don't have any experience with the more expensive joggers, but this one is fantastic. It rides really well. It fits through most doors. It's easy to open and close. I keep a small twin umbrella for running errands, but I love the jogger for walks and such.
That is good to hear! Can I ask how old your kids are/how big they are?
c2afwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:45 PM   #6
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

Three, two and 4 months old. I've had the stroller for 2 years now. My big kids still have plenty of growing room in the stroller, though I'm starting to make #1 walk just because the baby is so heavy to carry, even in a carrier.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:44 PM   #7
MarineGurl020412
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had a Shwinn Freewheeler for awhile (made by the same people as Instep). I LOVED it. I used it mainly for walking for my health as I refuse to run. I never had an issue with it not fitting through doors. I prefered it to both the InStep and Baby Trend versions as it has a larger canopy.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

"Your intuition is a better guide than everyone else's opinion of how you should do it."
MarineGurl020412 is offline   Reply With Quote