Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2009, 02:25 PM   #11
nethridge
Registered Users
seller

Re: Mamas to night waking older babes/toddlers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis0821 View Post
My DS didn't start regularly sleeping through the night until after his first birthday. I think what helped was him moving to his own room. We were living in a small house and his crib was next to our bed, although most nights he ended up in bed with us. We moved to a bigger house right before he turned 1. He still doesn't consistently sleep through the night, but most of the time he only wakes up once or twice - which is FAR preferable to waking up every 3 hours, which is what I dealt with for a year! I think you have a great attitude just concentrating on what a short period of time this is compared to your child's entire life, especially considering that when you're sleep deprived and hearing about every other child "sleeping through the night" (even though I think some of it is BS), it's hard to stay patient and keep things in perspective. I do miss his warm little body in bed with me and feeling him breathing next to me, but I don't miss being punched and kicked and kept up for 2 hours from 3-5 am because he's decided that it's time to play!
DS slept through the night in his own crib until he turned 6 mo. Then he started waking 7 times a night. Co-sleeping cut it down to 3-4 times a night..which is better. but still. blah.

Advertisement

Old 02-10-2009, 08:59 PM   #12
AllyAsh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mamas to night waking older babes/toddlers?

My almost 1 year old wakes 2 times a night usually - not to eat but she needs help getting back to sleep. ON a good night she goes right back to sleep but on a bad night it can take 1-2 hours to get her back to sleep.

We plan on following Dr. Jay's sleep plan between 16 and 18 months if she hasn't gotten better by then.

Here is a link to his sleep plan for gently getting baby back to sleep....

http://www.drjaygordon.com/development/ap/sleep.asp